Primary Purpose: Under the supervision of the Procurement and Inventory Manager, performs various duties related to general operations of the store and oversees inventory management for apparel, insignia, and general merchandise items.
Essential Functions: 1. Correspond with vendors regarding payments, invoices, investigate discrepancies and outstanding issues; match supporting invoices to procurement documents and/or request documentation as needed; process invoices for payment.
2. Correspond and meet with various vendors and sales representatives regarding merchandise.
3. Maintain vendor database; generate and organize vendor files.
4. Maintain sign-outs, and pick-up logs. Use AxiUm as required for instrument and equipment check out and control. At end of School Year Summarize list of students who have not returned Clinic items and provide this information to Clinic so they can charge students who lost equipment.
5. Assist with annual inventory, annual preparation of student kits, and annual student smock and glove orders.
6. Work with students, faculty and staff on special requests/orders. Before each term ensure special Faculty Course Directors orders for supplies and testing teeth are obtained from Clinic Supply and vendors in time for scheduled classes.
7. Assist with day-to-day operations; answer telephones, perform cashiering duties and provide customer service to customers via phone, email, fax, and in person; stock and organize displays; open and close store as needed.
8. Compose correspondence, create flyers and notifications relating to store policies and news.
9. Design, select, order and monitor apparel and insignia merchandise that appeals to customer base and favorably represents the Universitys brand; introduce new apparel, and insignia.
10. Use POS system to place/receive/post merchandise orders, print barcodes, and track sales.
11. Analyze and monitor sales records/reports, trends, and economic conditions to anticipate customer buying patterns.
12. Provide coverage for other staff as needed.
13. Perform all other duties as assigned by the Procurement and Inventory Manager.
14. This position supports SimLab training and a primary duty is assisting Students to obtain the materials and equipment they need for their instruction and sales of those items that students chose to purchase. Respectful interactions with students, staff and faculty is essential in all 5th floor Student Store Dispensary interactions.
Minimum Qualifications: Knowledge of: 1. Basic accounting/billing procedures. 2. Retail practices, including percentages, discounts, and markups. 3. Inventory control principles.
Ability to: 1. Operate PC 2. Perform basic math computations. 3. Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, both orally and in writing.
Ability to: 1. Operate PC 2. Perform basic math computations. 3. Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, both orally and in writing. 4. Provide courteous and knowledgeable customer service accurately and efficiently in a fast-paced environment. 5. Work independently and demonstrate sound judgment. 6. Demonstrate sound problem solving and decision making skills. 7. Work effectively as part of a cross functional team. 8. Follow written and verbal instructions. 9. Organize and prioritize assignments in order to meet multiple and competing deadlines. 10. Adapt to schedule changes.
Experience: 1. One year of previous customer service experience required. 2. One year of experience with use of inventory control systems. 3. Two years of experience with Dental tools, instruments, and materials.
Education: 1. High school diploma or equivalent.
Preferred Qualifications: Knowledge of: 1. POS and EPOS systems. 2. Intermediate level Microsoft Excel, & Word.
Ability to: 1. Operate copy machine to do more complex printing functions, print labels special forms etc. 2. Operate computerized cash register and perform accurate cashiering transactions. 3. Type 35-40 wpm
Experience: 1. Minimum of two years administrative experience, preferably in a higher education setting or retail environment. 2. Buying/inventory control experience desirable using a computerize data base system. 3. Background in art and design helpful. 4. Previous experience using an electronic cash register helpful.
Education: Bachelors degree in related field preferred
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. 1. Requires alternate sitting and standing throughout the working day. 2. Occasional lifting of objects up to 25 pounds.
Working Conditions: 1. Position is full-time, five days per week, seven and one-half hours per day. 2. Must be available for occasional overtime on weekends or evenings.
Hiring Range: 28.90 per hour
Background Check Statement: All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment are required to execute a release and authorization for a background screening.
University of the Pacific is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Drawing on its rich legacy as the oldest chartered university in California, Pacific is a student-focused, comprehensive educational institution that produces outstanding graduates prepared for personal and professional success. Our student body thrives in Pacific's small classes and dynamic cultural environment, while our distinguished alumni are transforming their communities every day.
University of the Pacific is a nationally ranked university with a long tradition of dedicated teaching, small class sizes, practical experience and vibrant residential life. The breathtaking main campus in Stockton, California is home to seven schools and colleges, with more than 80 majors and programs of study. Pacific also has the McGeorge School of Law in Sacramento and the Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry in San Francisco. Total university enrollment is nearly 7,000, with 3,757 undergraduates in an average class size of 19 and a student/faculty ratio of 14:1. Eighty-seven percent of students come from California, with 35 other states and 25 foreign countries also represented.