Research - Laboratory/Non-Laboratory, Staff/Administrative
Location: Hyde Park Campus
1) Design and perform computational and statistical analyses related to the labâ™s research.
2) Strive for reproducibility by maintaining well-documented, validated code.
3) Summarize research results in writing and in oral presentations, including at meetings and conferences. Prepare scientific manuscripts.
4) Develop new statistical and programming skills. Develop deep expertise with literature relevant to research project.
5) Manage the research project with the PI. Train and supervise others to assist with the research.
6) Guide, motivate, encourage, and interact productively and professionally with other lab members and collaborators inside and outside the University.
7) Identify potential new research projects.
1) Strong quantitative skills, including in statistical inference.
2) Strong writing and communication skills.
3) Commitment to rigorous and reproducible research, including unit and system testing, and version control.
4) Experience managing projects, including delivering results on deadline.
1) Bachelor's degree in in mathematical or scientific field
2) Advance degree in mathematical or scientific field by the start date of position
1) Experience publishing peer-reviewed papers and open-source code.
2) Experience working on scientific teams
1) Cover Letter
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via the Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
Internal Number: JR08198
About University of Chicago (UC)
One of the world's premier academic and research institutions, the University of Chicago has driven new ways of thinking since our 1890 founding. Today, UChicago is an intellectual destination that draws inspired scholars to our Hyde Park and international campuses, keeping UChicago at the nexus of ideas that challenge and change the world.