1) Leads and oversees all administrative functions to implement business strategies to support the research portfolio within the Center.
2) Develop, coordinate, and execute strategic, operating, talent, and funding plans across all areas of the Center. Guide Center management to ensure the approaches in the functional areas align with the broader organizational goals and plans.
3) Provide leadership, mentorship, and supervision to administrative staff. Function as a resource for best practices and expertise.
4) Be a visible, engaged, and collaborative leader, representing the Center and University of Chicago across various mediums and audiences with the ultimate goal of advancing our research initiatives and organization.
5) Weekend/Evening hours rare, but occasionally as needed.
1) Familiarity with general business practices.
2) Commitment to providing a high level of service and working in a team environment.
3) High degree of professionalism.
4) Attention to detail.
5) Ability to handle confidential information with utmost discretion.
6) Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
7) Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and under tight deadlines.
8) Strong analytical and organizational skills.
1) Experience with higher education administrative functions (talent management, research administration, sponsored award management).
2) Experience with contract development and negotiation.
3) Experience building scientific and/or engineering teams.
4) Experience overseeing compliance with federal contract regulations.
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via the Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
Internal Number: JR08192
About University of Chicago (UC)
One of the world's premier academic and research institutions, the University of Chicago has driven new ways of thinking since our 1890 founding. Today, UChicago is an intellectual destination that draws inspired scholars to our Hyde Park and international campuses, keeping UChicago at the nexus of ideas that challenge and change the world.