1) Provides comprehensive advanced administrative support to the Center's Director and senior leadership for a diverse set of activities.
2) Represents the Director, Center, and University well in all internal and external verbal, written, and in-person correspondence.Â Builds relationships with a diverse set of stakeholders and collaborators.
3) Researches, compiles, and analyzes data to create letters, reports, and other documents.Â Assists with the composition, editing, and proofing of scientific and/or technical documents including grants and manuscripts.
4) Organizes and executes select Center projects, research programs, events, and data science initiatives.Â Works across technical and scientific teams to act as a liaison between the programmatic team and program participants.
5) Oversees and maintains physical office space across multiple locations, ordering equipment, supplies, repairs, and upgrades.
6) May recruit and oversee the work of student office assistants and/or volunteers.
1) Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
2) Demonstrated administrative and organizational skills.
3)Ability to work successfully with University students, faculty, and staff.
4) Ability to multi-task and manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously.
5) Familiarity with general business practices.Â
6) Attention to detail.Â
7) Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.Â
8) Strong analytical and organizational skills.
9) Analytical ability to find solutions to various administrative problems.
10) Ability to be flexible and perform new tasks with short notice.
11) Ability to handle public contacts with courtesy, clarity, and diplomacy.
12) Ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations and information with absolute discretion.
13) Ability to display a professional, calm, and courteous demeanor and maintain when under pressure.
14) Ability to follow an issue through to resolution.
15) Ability to work under minimal supervision and oversight.
16) Ability to review and synthesize information and produce a concise summary.Â
1) Bachelors degree
1) Minimum of 2 years of progressively responsible administrative experience.
3) Advanced experience using basic software applications (e.g. Microsoft Office Suites, Google Docs, email and calendaring programs).
4) Experience composing, editing, and proofing written language for professional communication in the English language.
5) Demonstrated experience successfully accomplishing complex assignments with ambiguous requirements and minimal oversight and supervision needed.
6) Demonstrated experience initiating and successfully leading administrative process improvements that resulted in operational efficiencies.
7) Experience handling confidential information with absolute discretion.
8) Customer service experience.
9) Domain experience in biomedical informatics or healthcare.
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via the Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
Internal Number: JR08191
About University of Chicago (UC)
One of the world's premier academic and research institutions, the University of Chicago has driven new ways of thinking since our 1890 founding. Today, UChicago is an intellectual destination that draws inspired scholars to our Hyde Park and international campuses, keeping UChicago at the nexus of ideas that challenge and change the world.