Research - Laboratory/Non-Laboratory, Staff/Administrative
Location: Hyde Park Campus
1) Write programs in Stata to analyze large datasets.
2) Construct maps, figures, and tables for economics papers.
3) Identify new data sources.
4) Editing tasks.
5) Other duties as assigned.
1) Strong programming ability in Stata.
2) Some familiarity with LaTeX.
3) Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
4) Excellent organizational skills.
5) Attention to detail.
6) Strong academic writing/communication skills.
1) Bachelor's degree in economics, computer science, mathematics, statistics, or a related field; advanced degree.
1) Relevant research experience, especially with data.
1) Knowledge of Stata, Python, Matlab, Julia, and/or R
2) Knowledge of LaTeX
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application.
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via the Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
Internal Number: JR08182
About University of Chicago (UC)
One of the world's premier academic and research institutions, the University of Chicago has driven new ways of thinking since our 1890 founding. Today, UChicago is an intellectual destination that draws inspired scholars to our Hyde Park and international campuses, keeping UChicago at the nexus of ideas that challenge and change the world.