The University of Cincinnati is a premier, public, urban research university; ranked as one of America’s top 26 public research universities by the National Science Foundation. U.S. News has ranked UC in the Top Tier of America’s Best Colleges. The Chronicle of Higher Education calls UC a “research heavyweight”. Forbes, Delta Sky and Travel + Leisure magazines have named UC one of the most beautiful campuses. #HottestCollegeInAmerica
UC is one of the largest employers in the Cincinnati region, employing over 15,000 full time and part time faculty, staff and student workers. The College of Medicine, Department of Neurology and Rehabilitation Medicine is recruiting for a full-time (100% FTE) Clinical Research Professoinal.
Essential Function: Under general supervision, provide technical support and assistance for the Department of Neurology and Rehabilitation, under the guidance of Dr. Alberto Espay. Duties can span a broad range of activities, or be primarily focused within one or more areas of the clinical research spectrum.
• Plan and coordinate projects
• Design and implement evaluation tools for projects
• Coordinate lab and field work
• Coordinate the generation of data for proposals, reports, and manuscripts
• Perform routine physical/clinical procedures
• Coordinate nursing and patient care
• Actively participate in patient care and/or patient follow-up
• May serve as a resource person or act as a consultant within area of clinical expertise
• Perform routine and complex physical/clinical procedures
• Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of contract principles, federal regulations, laws and UC/UCPC policy and operating procedures.
• Work closely with UC and UC Health offices in negotiation of contracts, confidentiality agreements and amendments related to the conduct of research
• Work with necessary parties to identify compliance, legal, IP and business/financial risk. Mitigate risk through working with physicians/faculty, divisions,
legal and/or other departments.
• Prepare, develop, review and negotiate industry and sponsored research clinical trial budgets for consistency with UC/UCPC policies and operating
• Effectively negotiate budgets to obtain funding sufficient to successfully execute research as applicable.
• Maintain regulatory documentation
• Prepare IRB submissions
• Draft subject informed consents and consent comprehension tests
• Liaison with IRB and industry contacts
• Assist in drafting compliant advertisements
• Liaison with medical staff, University Departments, ancillary departments and/or satellite facilities
• Ensure research staff complete all requisite training
Data Entry / Management
• Gather data
• Assist in development of reports
Related other duties, as assigned
Minimum Qualifications:Bachelor’s degree in related discipline, or equivalent, preferred. One year related experience, preferably in an academic or clinical setting. For nursing-focused role, appropriate clinical procedural experience required. Degrees, Licensure, and/or Certification: For nursing-focused role, current/valid RN license to practice in the State of Ohio required, and CR certification preferred.
This position will be a professional position paid at an hourly rate.
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.
SF:OMJ SF:RM SF:INS SF:INS
Internal Number: 46668-en_US
About University of Cincinnati
HISTORY IN BRIEF - The University of Cincinnati is a public urban serving research institution that was founded in 1819 and today is one of the country’s largest universities offering more than 350 academic programs to more than 44,000 students. UC has many top ranked programs in areas such as Music and Arts, Medical and Human-Services, Criminal Justice and more. Located in an urban setting, UC is close to the heart of Cincinnati and allows easy access for students to enjoy all that the city offers. UC is also the alma mater of many notables such as President William Howard Taft; Albert Sabin, developer of the oral polio vaccine; Astronaut Neil Armstrong and Mary Weinberg, 2008 Olympic gold medalist. UC is classified as a Research University (Very High Research Activity) by the Carnegie Commission and is ranked as one of America’s top 35 public research universities by the National Science Foundation. UC jumped 17 spots in the U.S. News & World Report rankings in the past two years alone. In addition to being named a “green university” by Princeton Review, UC has been named one of the world’s most beautiful campuses by Forbes and Delta Sky magazines. Learn more at www.uc.edu.MISSIO...N STATEMENT - The University of Cincinnati serves the people of Ohio, the nation, and the world as a premier, public, urban research university dedicated to undergraduate, graduate, and professional education, experience-based learning, and research. We are committed to excellence and diversity in our students, faculty, staff, and all of our activities. We provide an inclusive environment where innovation and freedom of intellectual inquiry flourish. Through scholarship, service, partnerships, and leadership, we create opportunity, develop educated and engaged citizens, enhance the economy and enrich our University, city, state and global community.