Research - Laboratory/Non-Laboratory, Staff/Administrative
Location: Hyde Park Campus
This Research Professional will work with Professor Christopher Stewart to collect data, maintain databases, conduct statistical analysis and provide other support associated with faculty research for a period of one to two years. Â
1) Collect data, conduct statistical analysis (e.g., in Stata and R), and organize the presentation of results.
2) Create charts, tables, and descriptive text for presentations and research papers.Â
3) Maintain databases, review background materials, and perform preliminary analyses and research.
1) Familiarity with statistical software such as Stata and R.
2) Courses in econometrics or statistics.
3) Knowledge of research techniques and methods.
4) Analytical and problem-solving skills.
5) Excellent verbal, written, presentation, and organizational skills, as well as attention to detail.
6) Handle multiple projects simultaneously.
7) Work independently as well as with others and to meet deadlines under pressure.
8) Familiarity with programming languages such as Stata and R.
9) Background in economics preferred.
1) Bachelor's degree or higher in any quantitative field.
1) At least one year of research experience.
2) Experience with statistical analysis and database organization, and a willingness to further develop these skills.
Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â
2) Cover letter
3) Complete postsecondary transcripts (unofficial transcripts may be submitted)
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application.
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via the Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
Internal Number: JR08173
About University of Chicago (UC)
One of the world's premier academic and research institutions, the University of Chicago has driven new ways of thinking since our 1890 founding. Today, UChicago is an intellectual destination that draws inspired scholars to our Hyde Park and international campuses, keeping UChicago at the nexus of ideas that challenge and change the world.