Research - Laboratory/Non-Laboratory, Staff/Administrative
Location: Hyde Park Campus
The Principal Researcher provides a supportive research environment to a highly qualified recent PhD.Â The Principal Researcher collaborates with Professor Zhiguo He to enable Professor Heâ™s research under his direction.Â The PR will be a major collaborator on scholarly work, and may present that research at academic conferences.Â
1) Conduct collaborative research with faculty to be published in peer-reviewed academic journals, with the focus on financial economics and Chinese markets.
2) Engage in the intellectual environment of the University of Chicago through workshops, presentations, seminars, their own research, and collaboration with faculty and other researchers.
4) Collect data and conduct statistical analysis, and perform literature reviews.
5) As necessary, perform administrative duties associated with the management of a research group, lab, or center.
1) Proficiency in Stata, Matlab and Python. Â
2) Knowledge of research techniques and methods.
3) Analytical and problem-solving skills.
4) Excellent and professional verbal, written, and presentation skills as well as organizational skills and attention to detail.
5) Handle multiple projects simultaneously.
6) Work independently as well as with others and to meet deadlines under pressure.
7) Strong computer skills.
1) ABD status by start date.
2) PhD by start date in a field relevant to the research being conducted.Â
3) PhD after one year of employment.
1) A minimum of four years of relevant research experience.
Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â
2) Cover letter
3) Job market paper
4) Two reference letters
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application.
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via the Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
Internal Number: JR08166
About University of Chicago (UC)
One of the world's premier academic and research institutions, the University of Chicago has driven new ways of thinking since our 1890 founding. Today, UChicago is an intellectual destination that draws inspired scholars to our Hyde Park and international campuses, keeping UChicago at the nexus of ideas that challenge and change the world.