Individuals in this position are primarily responsible for counseling and advising students and parents on the various financial aid programs, assisting in the administration of one or more federal, state, or institutional financial aid programs, evaluating financial aid applications in order to determine student eligibility for various financial aid programs, collecting data, and keeping accurate records. Assistance on procedures and tasks related to particular financial aid program administration is provided under the guidance of an Associate Director.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 2 years of recent experience working in a financial aid office.
- Experience working with federal and state grant programs.
- Familiarity and knowledge of federal and state programs policies and regulations.
- Experience using a recognized student information system to process federal, state, and institutional aid.
- Communicate effectively with people from varied social, educational, and economic backgrounds.
-Experience counseling students and families as it pertains to financial aid.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to diversity and multicultural issues.
- Ability to work without constant supervision, make decisions, and have good judgment.
- Must be comfortable speaking before groups of students and parents.
- Ability to function in a high-energy, fast-paced, ever-changing environment while maintaining a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Must be detail oriented and have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends during high peak times and special events.
- Proficient in Outlook and Microsoft Suites.
- Successful interview and background checks.
- Masters degree
- Experience using Banner Student Information System (SIS)
- Experience administering the Pennsylvania State Grant (PHEAA) and Special Programs.
- Experience administering the Federal Direct Loan Program.
- Experience administering the Federal Pell Grant Program.
- Experience working collaboratively with other institutional departments such as Admissions, Advancement and Athletics to administer institutional scholarships.
- Experience working with Veterans, all Veteran Programs such as: The PA National Guard, Post 9/11 GI Bill, Montgomery GI Bill (Active Duty & Reserves),Vocational Rehabilitation,Federal Tuition Assistance etc.), and administering VA Education Benefits.
- Fluency in Spanish.
Available upon request or during campus interview.
Days Worked: Monday thru Friday
Hours/Shift worked: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Quicklink for Posting/Requisition: 8266
Internal Number: 8266
About Millersville University of Pennsylvania
Millersville University is a top-ranked university in the North, with more than 100programs, some of which are uniquely distinctive to the region and nation. We have a strong academic history guided by industry-leading professors. Our faculty members are recognized to be fiercely passionate about their students’ overall success. Our student body is rich in diversity and is known to be enthusiastically driven towards excellence while being socially conscious. Our beautiful 250-acre campus contains classic architecture, mixed with state-of-the-art, energy-saving structures and a historic pond with two resident swans. Access to extraordinary faculty, a historical campus setting and an extremely high job-placement rating are the reasons our alumni rate us as a smart life choice.