Community College of Philadelphia is dedicated to promoting a work environment which attracts and retains talented and diverse faculty and staff, and which challenges each of us to achieve at the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College. We value and support a culturally diverse and intellectually dynamic community to prepare our students for global citizenship. Join us as we transition from our first 50 years into the next and build upon a legacy that will impact the city of Philadelphia and beyond.
Community College of Philadelphia is seeking to fill a Multimedia Technician (Technical Craft Specialist B) position. The Multimedia Technician (Technical Craft Specialist B) is responsible for the distribution, set up, adjustment and troubleshooting of audio-visual equipment for classrooms and special events at the College. This position provides support to internal users in the operation of video conferencing and computer integrated smart technology equipment; and performs routine maintenance and testing. Scheduled hours are Monday through Friday from 1:30 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
For a complete position description, and to apply online, please visit our career site at jobs.ccp.edu, or click the “Apply” button.
Community College of Philadelphia recognizes that our employees are important and vital to our success. We offer a high-quality, comprehensive program of benefits, which represents an important component of total compensation.
Our benefits include:
Medical, dental and prescription drug plans for employee and all of their eligible family members
College-paid life and disability insurance
College closes for Winter Break the week between Christmas and New Years and for a week in March for Spring Break
Tuition remission (for classes at the College)
Forgivable tuition loan (for classes at any accredited academic institution)
403(b) retirement plan with 10% College contribution
Healthcare and Dependent Care flexible spending accounts
College operates on a 4-day work week during the summer months
Paid vacation plus holiday and personal time off
Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
• Associate's degree, or equivalent coursework, is required.
• At least two (2) years of relevant work experience in the operation of multimedia equipment; including smart boards, Smart LCD screen technology, LCD Projectors, laptop computers, document cameras, consumer video equipment, audio presentation equipment, theatrical audio and lighting equipment, and computer equipment (PC's and laptops) is required.
• Demonstrated technical proficiency to launch and access inventory and scheduling software information using a personal computer or laptop required.
• Demonstrated proficiency utilizing Microsoft Word and Excel required.
• Ability to work well as a member of a team in resolving problems and issues.
• Ability to demonstrate effective problem solving and judgment is required.
• Ability to work well independently with limited supervision is required.
• Ability to transfer digital media from one format to another.
• Ability to negotiate issues and bring problems to resolution required.
• Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills required.
• Access to reliable transportation is required.
• Ability to climb and walk within confined spaces.
• Ability to lift up to fifty (50) pounds.
• Ability to work extended hours on evenings and Saturdays, as needed, is required.
• Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment inclusive of students, faculty and staff of varying social economic, cultural, ideological and ethnic backgrounds required.
• Bachelor's degree preferred. Any and all degree(s) must be from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
Internal Number: 118961901
About Community College of Philadelphia
Community College of Philadelphia is the largest public institution of higher education in the City. Since 1965, over 500,000 students have passed through our doors seeking associate's degrees, certificates, improved workplace skills and lifelong learning. Many of our degree students transfer to four-year institutions while others seek employment in the Philadelphia region. Over 90 percent of our graduates remain in the area and seek employment, strengthening our local economy and workforce. Local businesses look to us to provide workplace training to keep their workers skilled and their companies competitive.
We offer over 70 degree and certificate programs in art, science, business, technology and liberal arts. Many of our students have hectic schedules, and we know how to accommodate every type of learner. Classes are held during the day, in the evening and on Saturdays at the Main Campus, our three Regional Centers and at neighborhood sites throughout the City. Distance education classes are also available.