Research - Laboratory/Non-Laboratory, Staff/Administrative
Location: Hyde Park Campus
1) Under limited direction, performs complex lab and/or research-related duties and tasks.
2) Collects, records and analyzes data.
3) Conducts literature reviews.
4) Participates in writing reports and manuscripts.
5) Ensures compliance with institutional, state, and federal regulatory policies, procedures, directives, and mandates.
6) Trains and oversees the work of research support personnel.
7) Transcribing and coding data; developing data collection instruments.
8) Presenting research findings at staff meetings, seminars, and scientific conferences;
9) Assisting with building databases.
10) Recruiting and scheduling research subjects.
1) Ability to train others.
2) Advanced knowledge in relevant scientific field.
3) Advanced knowledge of research techniques or methods.
4) Knowledge of regulatory policies and procedures.
5) Knowledge of scientific applications and equipment.
6) Analytical skills.
7) Problem-solving skills.
8) Attention to detail.
9) Organizational skills.
10) Verbal and written communication skills.
11) Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
1) Bachelor's degree in economics, political science, computer science, mathematics, statistics, or a related field.
1) A minimum of one year of relevant research experience.
1) Experience with Stata, Python, Matlab, and/or R.
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application.
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via the Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
Internal Number: JR07865
About University of Chicago
One of the world's premier academic and research institutions, the University of Chicago has driven new ways of thinking since our 1890 founding. Today, UChicago is an intellectual destination that draws inspired scholars to our Hyde Park and international campuses, keeping UChicago at the nexus of ideas that challenge and change the world.