The Jacobson Institute (JI) with the John Pappajohn Entrepreneurial Center (JPEC) in the Tippie College of Business seeks a full-time Education Support Services Associate. This position will assist the Director and other Jacobson Institute faculty and staff in coordinating, planning and managing programs supporting K-12 youth entrepreneurship education for the Jacobson Institute for Youth Entrepreneurship. This person must be detailed oriented and able to manage multiple programs/tasks at one time. This person will be responsible for all aspects of executing JI programs from the initial planning stages through event clean-up and will supervise student interns to ensure programs are executed with perfection. This position also works collaboratively with the marketing specialist on program specific promotions. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to: support the daily office/human resources operations, revenue collection and deposits, purchasing, program management, project management, data management, office management and communication with educators, parents, students, faculty members and the community at large. Successful applicants will maintain a valid driver's license which meets compliance with the standards of the University of Iowa's Fleet Safety Program and be able to handle physical requirements of event set-up/take down. Responsibilities will require some travel and time outside the 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday-Friday workweek.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
Enhance and Support Student Educational Experiences and Increase Retention
* Support series of state and national programs:
o Teacher Professional Development
o Curriculum Toolkits
o Summer Camps
Support activities include event planning and oversight, including scheduling, promotion, material preparation, registration, staffing, facility, financial transactions/budget, logistics, post-event activities, data management and reports.
* Serve as marketing resource including: execution of direct emails, social media, database management, promotions, assistance to Marketing Specialist as needed.
Establish and Maintain Relationships with Partners to Provide Educational Support Services
* Participate and assist in the coordination of projects and events to build relationships with partners in particular the John Pappajohn Entrepreneurial Center (JPEC) and Henry B. Tippie College of Business.
* Document/maintain records of partner contact information.
Administrative (HR, Budget), Supervision and Training
* Hire, train, schedule and supervise part-time student workers to assist in implementing events and required administrative services.
* Handle purchasing and cash handling for department in accordance with University policies.
* Advise on program budgets, as appropriate
Operational Support and Management
* Support daily operations of an office, project or program, including coordination of specialized events and activities, monitoring appropriateness of expenditures, contract or grant requirements, and changes in policies and procedures.
* Support daily operations including coordination of meetings, calendars, facilities management and ordering supplies.
* Assist in grant writing, support and compliance.
* Data management ensuring program metrics.
* Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, education or related area or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Typically 6 months - 2 years successful experience in a detail-oriented support role
* Extensive knowledge of and ability:
o Written and oral communications.
o Planning, organizing, monitoring and controlling multiple projects while ensuring efficient use of resources in order to achieve project objectives.
o Organize and handle detailed and complex operations.
* Working knowledge of:
o Event planning and execution.
o MS Office applications
o Data management
o Social Media
* Demonstrated ability to handle and creatively solve problems in a fast-paced, ever-changing work environment.
* Ability to work weekend or evening hours and travel overnight as required by the schedule of activities
* Valid driver's license and ability to meet and maintain UI Fleet Safety Standards
* Ability to handle physical requirement of event set-up and teardown.
* Demonstrated ability to interact positively with a diverse population.
* Experience hiring, scheduling and supervising student staff.
* Adobe Creative suite
In order to be considered for an interview, applicants must upload a resume and cover letter and mark them as a "Relevant File" to the submission.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of 14 calendar days and may be removed from posting and filled any time after the original posting period has ended. Successful candidates will be subject to criminal background and credential background checks. Up to 5 professional references will be requested at a later step in the recruitment process.
There is an expectation that the person in this position will maintain effective, civil, and respectful working relationships with the University of Iowa campus community and uphold a high standard of cultural competency and respect for difference that represents the Tippie College of Business' commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
The University of Iowa is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment free from discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, associational preference, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Internal Number: 20001433_1581364675
About University of Iowa
With over 31,000 students, the University of Iowa is one of the nation's top public research universities, a member of the Big Ten conference and the Association of American Universities. The University of Iowa is composed of eleven colleges and is known around the world for its balanced commitment to the arts, sciences, and humanities. It is home to one of the nation's largest academic medical centers and the pioneering Iowa Writers' Workshop. The University of Iowa promotes work/life integration and is located in the casual yet cosmopolitan environment of Iowa City, widely recognized as one of the country's most livable communities.