The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Pennâ™s distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
Posted Job Title
Job Profile Title
Job Description Summary
The Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania is the oldest and one of the finest medical schools in the United States. Penn is rich in tradition and heritage and at the same time consistently at the forefront of new developments and innovations in medical education and research. Since its founding in 1765 the School has been a strong presence in the community and prides itself on educating the leaders of tomorrow in patient care, biomedical research, and medical education. http://www.med.upenn.edu/
The incumbent is responsible for providing administrative coordination to the Undergraduate and Graduate Education Offices of the Department of Medicine. This position assures the efficient and smooth operation of day-to-day business and administrative needs of this office, including provision of support to two senior level physician directors. The scope of responsibilities for this position will include, but are not limited to: calendar management, expense reporting, coordination of meetings and events, ordering of supplies and maintenance of the office, and general administrative duties, some of which are office specific.
1. Provide administrative support to the Internal Medicine Residency Program Director and Director of Undergraduate Education. Responsibilities include but are not limited to calendar management, including organization and facilitation of meetings, submission of incurred expenses from travel and events, meeting preparation, and generation of reports.
2. In conjunction with the Director of Medical Education, create and distribute monthly catering calendars, organize program events, and serve as a liaison between the office and vendors.Â Maintain office items, including supplies and food, by checking inventory and ordering as needed.Â Assume responsibility for maintenance of office equipment and space, and submit work orders when appropriate. Manage white coats for residents, including collecting, tracking, and putting away orders.
3. Manage four conference room calendars, including requests for room reservations. Arrange meetings and space for faculty, staff, house staff, and medical students on an as needed basis. Reserve and manage space for key events throughout the year including but not limited to recruitment season, resident specific days, and reoccurring medical student and resident conferences and lectures.
4. Carry out general administrative duties including but not limited to copying, filing, mail distribution, and telephone management.
5. Work independently and within as part of a team on reoccurring events and projects. Serves as a proctor for undergraduate and graduate medical exams. Assist with recruitment season by assuming special projects and escorting applicants on each interview day. Complete verification requests for former trainees on an as needed basis.
High School Diploma and 5 years of expereince or and equivalent combination of education and experience required. Associates degree and 3 years of experience preferred.
Job Location - City, State
Department / School
Perelman School of Medicine
$20.00 - $36.00
Affirmative Action Statement Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Special Requirements Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Internal Number: JR00012420
About University of Pennsylvania
Penn has a long and proud tradition of intellectual rigor and pursuit of innovative knowledge, begun by Benjamin Franklin in 1740. That tradition lives today through the creativity, entrepreneurship, and engagement of our faculty, students, and staff. Academic life at Penn is unparalleled, with an undergraduate student body of 10,000 from every U.S. state and around the world. The entering class of 2015 is the most talented and diverse in Penn's history. Consistently ranked among the top 10 universities in the country, Penn welcomes an additional 10,000 students to our top-ranked graduate and professional schools.