Research - Laboratory/Non-Laboratory, Staff/Administrative
Location: Hyde Park Campus
1) The laboratories of Dr. Jabri and Dr. Abadie are seeking a candidate interested in the field of mucosal immunology and Celiac Disease for a Research Technician position.
2) Under supervision, the Research Technician will perform and assist with immunology experiments that involve cell isolation, cytokine-based assays, flow cytometry and immunohistochemistry.
3) The candidate will be in charge of independently managing mouse colony breeding and genotyping.
4) Participate in laboratory meetings regarding current research and other lab activities.
5) Assist with organizing laboratory and ordering supplies.
1) Ability to work independently and as part of a team
2) Adaptability and willingness to learn new skills and take on new responsibilities
3) Effective time-management skills
1) Bachelor's degree
1)One year of research experience
2) Cover letter
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application.
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via the Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
Internal Number: JR07849
About University of Chicago
One of the world's premier academic and research institutions, the University of Chicago has driven new ways of thinking since our 1890 founding. Today, UChicago is an intellectual destination that draws inspired scholars to our Hyde Park and international campuses, keeping UChicago at the nexus of ideas that challenge and change the world.