For assigned Athletic Facilities this position will serve as the: primary day-to-day operations point of contact, Event Manager for games/events as well as ensuring cleanliness and maintenance of assigned facilities through active engagement and accountability of contracted third-parties providing these services. Reports to an Athletics Facilities & Events Management unit leader.
1. Serves as facility manager for assigned Athletics facilities.
2. Coordinates schedule of use, building security, oversight of building systems and performance of maintenance, custodial and grounds services. Engages and holds accountable service providers to ensure proper custodial and maintenance for assigned athletics facilities/grounds.
3. Serves as Event Manager for events held in assigned Athletics facilities. Manages internal and external constituents and event service providers (including but not limited to Parking services, Police/Fire, emergency services, security/patron services, etc..) resulting in repeatable successful event operations.
4. Alongside unit leadership, develops and executes event management plans for all events hosted in assigned Athletics facilities.
5. In conjunction with unit leadership, monitors facility operations and event operations budgets. Supports future budget planning for athletic facilities through identification of functional enhancements and deferred maintenance needs.
6. In all setting and in all situations, serves as a positive Ambassador for UH Athletics and UH in general. Effuse positivity and grow affinity for all things UH.
7. Performs other duties/responsibilities as assigned.
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed.
Bachelors and 1 year experience
About University of Houston
Founded in 1927, the University of Houston is the leading public research university in the vibrant international city of Houston. Each year, we educate more than 40,750 students in more than 300 undergraduate and graduate academic programs, on campus and online. UH awards more than 8,000 degrees annually, with more than 200,000 alumni. UH is a Carnegie-designated Tier One public research university.