Working with the East Carolina Football Recruiting Department and reporting to the Director of Player Personnel/Recruiting, the individual serving in this position is responsible for, but not limited to, the following duties:
- Oversee and maintain the football recruiting database. This will involve evaluating recruiting film and collecting academic data on each prospective student-athlete (High School and Junior College). Developing reports from collected data.
- Oversee the Assistant Director of On-Campus Recruiting. This includes but not limited to the training of GAs and QCs on film and academic evaluations.
- Assist in designing and implementing on-campus recruiting visits, official and unofficial. This position will provide oversight of the visit and visit details.
-Assist in organizing and promoting ECU Football camps/spring coaches' clinic. This includes, but is not limited to, designing promotional brochures, setting camp/clinic schedules, and assisting with staffing.
- Provide recruiting support – design, deliver, and manage communication materials (using Photoshop or similar software) for distribution to recruits.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and other similar programs.
- Perform duties with professional conduct representing the university and athletics department and provide leadership cultivating an environment of compliance, performance excellence, respect, and student-athlete well-being.
- Comply with all applicable laws, policies, by-laws, regulations, procedures and guidelines of North Carolina, University of North Carolina system, East Carolina University, the Department of Athletics, the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), American Athletic Conference and all applicable conferences or associations.
- Build quality relationships and work collaboratively and professionally with athletics, Pirate Club, and University staff, students, and all constituents and stakeholders.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Head Football Coach.
Special Instructions To Application:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full time basis.
Candidates must also submit a cover letter, a curriculum vitae/resume, and a list of three references, including contact information, online.
Original transcript required within 30 days of employment.
East Carolina University seeks to create an environment that fosters the recruitment and retention of a more diverse student body, faculty, staff and administration. In order to promote the university’s diversity goal, the Athletics Department encourages applicants from women, minorities, and historically underrepresented groups.
Minimum qualifications include a bachelor’s degree from an appropriately accredited institution and previous experience coaching or playing at the high school, collegiate or professional level.
Qualifying degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions and conferred by the time of hire.
Full time or Part time: Full Time
Position Location (city): Greenville
Position Number: 982404
Organizational Unit Overview:
The athletics department mission is to represent East Carolina University with distinction and create a challenging and supportive environment for student-athletes to excel in the classroom, in competition, and in life. We are committed to the highest standards of character, honesty, effort, and sportsmanship; respecting all people, their personal identities, differences and beliefs; and to provide a safe and equitable environment for student-athletes' academic, athletic and personal development. The highly visible athletics program is committed to NCAA compliance, comprehensive excellence and to be trustworthy stewards of the aspirations of our student-athletes, the resources we manage, the reputation of our University, and our mission of service.
To be a national model for student success, public service and regional transformation, East Carolina University uses innovative learning strategies and delivery methods to maximize access; prepares students with the knowledge, skills and values to succeed in a global, multicultural society; develops tomorrow's leaders to serve and inspire positive change; discovers new knowledge and innovations to support a thriving future for eastern North Carolina and beyond; transforms health care, promotes wellness, and reduces health disparities; and improves qualify of life through cultural enrichment, academics, the arts, and athletics. We accomplish our mission through education, research, creative activities, and service while being good stewards of the resources entrusted to us. East Carolina University delivers on the promise of opportunity. We open doors. We improve lives. We transform the present, and we discover the future. In these ways and more, we serve our community, our state, our nation and our world as together we reach toward our greatest potential. Tomorrow starts here.