USC's KSOM and Department of Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine is seeking for Postdoctoral Fellows to join Dr. Unmesh Jadhavâs lab at the Eli and Edythe Broad CIRM Center.Â
If you are passionate about investigating fundamental gene control mechanisms, tissue development and regeneration, and application of cutting-edge computational approaches in biological research, we would like to hear from you. We are particularly interested in individuals from diverse areas of educational background and experience, such as basic sciences, engineering, and medicine.
One of the fascinating challenges in biology is to understand how cells integrate extracellular stimuli to influence the chromatin structure and gene expression in order to establish or change cellular identity. To study this, we employ innovative experimental and computational methods and use the mammalian intestine as a primary model system. You will have an opportunity to design, develop, and implement experimental protocols and lead collaborative projects.
â¢ Experience working with mouse or other animal models is desirable
â¢ Strong background in molecular biology techniques
â¢ Ability to work independently and as part of a team
â¢ Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
Contact Information: Interested applicants should email the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org well as submitting these documents along with your application through Careers at USC website.
1) Cover letter 2) Curriculum vitae, and 3) Contact information for 3-5 references
Other Job Accountabilities:Â
- Serves as a research trainee for the purpose of enhancing and developing research competencies. Participates in planning, designing and conducting highly technical and complex research projects under the direction of a supervisor. May or may not work independently.
- Identifies, researches, compiles and evaluates data sources, background information and/or technology related to area of specialization.
- Analyzes and evaluates research data utilizing computers and provides interpretations requiring significant knowledge of a specialized area of research. Searches literature, utilizing all available resources including electronic, regarding new methodology and designs experiments accordingly.
- Contributes to the development of research documentation for publication and/or prepares technical reports, papers and/or records.
- Operates and maintains sophisticated laboratory/scientific equipment.
The Postdoctoral Scholar Research Associate serves as a research trainee for the purpose of enhancing and developing research competencies. Participates in planning, designing and conducting highly technical and complex research projects under the direction of a supervisor. May or may not work independently. Analyzes research data and provides interpretations. Contributes to the development of research documentation for publication and/or prepares technical reports, papers and/or records. (Temporary, fixed-term; one year and renewable on the recommendation of the faculty mentor and at the discretion of the dean. May be renewed up to a maximum of five years.)
Internal Number: REQ20085884
USC’s Viterbi School of Engineering has been one of the economic engines in Southern California and a vital hub in the California economy. The technical innovations and ideas generated by the Viterbi faculty and research community have resulted in countless innovations, many becoming the foundations for new companies, products and services. The thousands of students graduating each year bring new ideas and vitality to companies in California and beyond. With an annual research budget exceeding $205M each year, more than 46 research centers and institutes, more than 180 faculty members, 7,800 students and over 60,000 impassioned alumni world-wide, the Viterbi School is addressing some of the world’s great challenges.