Research - Laboratory/Non-Laboratory, Staff/Administrative
Location: Hyde Park Campus
1) Responsibilities may include the following laboratory duties: assisting lab members in preparing and conducting experiments; following established procedures or protocols, provides assistance to supervisor with research projects; performing basic laboratory techniques.
2) Preparation of cfDNA samples.
3) Isolation of cfDNA and gDNA from tissue
4) Construction of 5hmC-Seal-seq libraries for 5hmC profiling.
5) Assisting in preparation of samples for sequencing.
1) Attention to detail
2) Organizational skills
3) Verbal and written communication skills
4) Ability to work independently and as part of a team
1) Bachelor's degree in a field relevant to the research being conducted
1) Worked in a laboratory setting for one year
3) 2) Understands basic laboratory techniques
Preferred: Sequencing of DNA
1) Basic wet laboratory procedures
2) Basic molecular biology laboratory techniques
2) Curriculum Vitae
Note: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under Resume/CV section of the application
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via the Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
Internal Number: JR07808
About University of Chicago (UC)
One of the world's premier academic and research institutions, the University of Chicago has driven new ways of thinking since our 1890 founding. Today, UChicago is an intellectual destination that draws inspired scholars to our Hyde Park and international campuses, keeping UChicago at the nexus of ideas that challenge and change the world.