The primary purpose of this position is to handle various accounting functions due to volume increase in the office, assist with 1098T processes that was assigned to the Bursar area from the Budget office, handle the non-resident alien functions and reports, assist with processing contracts, exemptions, fee waivers and the third-party billing process. Reconcile Old UC/UTC, write off processing for collection agency returns, updates to accounts and Resident Enrollment account reconciliation, answering telephone calls during peak periods and provide customer service to students, parents, faculty and staff due to new fee set up and schedule, assist with audit of fee entries and review detailed fee reports and PCI compliance, assist with new functions related to 15/4 set up, review and controls. This position prioritizes work and may assign the work of others.
This position duties include but not limited to:
* Daily entry and review of old/UC updates from Customer Service Specialist and monthly reconciliation of the Old UC/UTC and Resident Enrollment accounts.
* Co-leading for Prepayment account reconciliation.
* Processing of Contract/ Exemptions and fee waivers due to volume.
* Responsible for Third party billings.
* Responsible for semester processing of non-resident alien functions, primary for monthly student billing.
* Auditing of 1098T set up, review of detail codes, social security updates and process and handling of any questions related to the 1098 T forms, address corrections, printing and replacement form request.
* Assisting with new functions related to 15/4 set up, review and controls.
* Analyzing and Auditing of fee entries for all fee detail codes including lab fees, late fees, differential fees and installment fee rules in Touchnet.
* Primary contact for 1098T related questions.
* Reviewing and updating to collection agency accounts, write offs review, adds and deletes, Housing and UCFND updates to write offs, application of payments to accounts, assist with answering telephone calls received related to 15/4 and previous fee schedule.
* PCI compliance assistance once per year.
* GASB report review at fiscal year-end.
* Providing answers to simple and complex fee-related questions during peak times and at the front counter when needed.
* Assisting with parking distribution at the front counter when needed.
* Assisting with entry of Graduate Assistantships, manual release of Housing Deposits and International Insurance review and entry each semester.
* Other office duties and audit related duties as assigned.
Internal Number: 193888
The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga is an engaged, metropolitan university committed to excellence in teaching, research, and service, and dedicated to meeting the diverse needs of the region through strategic partnerships and community involvement.