Research - Laboratory/Non-Laboratory, Staff/Administrative
Location: Hyde Park Campus
1) Works with Department of Surgery faculty to prepare study projects for submission to the University of Chicago's Institutional Review Board.
2) Assists in the orientation and training of new and current Surgery Research Support Office (SRSO) staff and/or staff in the various sections of the Department of Surgery.
3) Assesses research support needs.
4) Provides back-up to the Regulatory Manager and Grant Manager.
5) Assists Sr. Research Manager with Departmental reporting, which includes compiling and analyzing data to create reports, presentations, and proposals, including, but not limited to operational, financial and monthly reports.
6) Ensures compliance with relevant University policies and guidelines.
7) Assists Sr. Research Manager with developing and managing Department of Surgery communications by assisting in creating and revising SRSO materials.
8) Assists Sr. Research Manager with reviewing and/or auditing itemization of research bills.
9) Assists Sr. Research Manager in managing research space allocation and equipment.
1) Ability to understand complex protocols
2) Excellent oral and written communication skills
3) Strong project management skills, strategic problem solving and attention to detail
4) Motivated and detail-oriented
5) Presentation skills
6) Strong interpersonal skills
7) Commitment to providing a high level of service
8) Ability to work independently and as part of a team
9) Ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations and information with absolute discretion
10) Ability to work well under pressure
11) Knowledge of Microsoft Office
12) Knowledge of computers and relevant software
13) Organizational skills
2) Cover Letter
3) Reference Contact Information
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via the Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
Internal Number: JR07653
About University of Chicago (UC)
One of the world's premier academic and research institutions, the University of Chicago has driven new ways of thinking since our 1890 founding. Today, UChicago is an intellectual destination that draws inspired scholars to our Hyde Park and international campuses, keeping UChicago at the nexus of ideas that challenge and change the world.