Research - Laboratory/Non-Laboratory, Staff/Administrative
Location: Hyde Park Campus
1) Managing ongoing remote collaboration between Principal Investigators (conference calls, project management, allocation of tasks and responsibilities).
2) Conducting data analysis.
3) Writing code and communicating intermediate findings to the research team.
4) Completing administrative tasks for the Principal Investigators as needed.
5) Supporting quality assurance measures for ongoing research projects.
6) Corresponding with the external partner organization as needed.
7) Assisting in reporting requirements for grant organizations.
8) Assisting in updating IRB and pre-analysis plans.
1) Excellent management and organizational skills.
2) Flexible, self-motivated, able to manage multiple tasks efficiently, and team player.
3) Strong quantitative skills.
1) Bachelor or Masterâ™s degree in economics, mathematics, computer science, statistics, political science, or related fields.â‹
1) Strong programming abilities and statistics knowledge
2) Knowledge of Stata; familiarity with Latex
3) Experience as a research assistant or experience in independent research
4) Ability to conduct literature reviews
5) Fluency in English with strong communication skills
6) Familiarity with git/GitHub and version control
7) Familiarity with R and Python
1) Cover Letter
3) Reference information for 2 references, including contact information and relationship
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application.
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via the Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
Internal Number: JR07587
About University of Chicago
One of the world's premier academic and research institutions, the University of Chicago has driven new ways of thinking since our 1890 founding. Today, UChicago is an intellectual destination that draws inspired scholars to our Hyde Park and international campuses, keeping UChicago at the nexus of ideas that challenge and change the world.