Community College of Philadelphia is dedicated to promoting a work environment which attracts and retains talented and diverse faculty and staff, and which challenges each of us to achieve at the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College. We value and support a culturally diverse and intellectually dynamic community to prepare our students for global citizenship. Join us as we transition from our first 50 years into the next and build upon a legacy that will impact the city of Philadelphia and beyond.
Community College of Philadelphia is seeking to fill an International Student Services Specialist position. Under the direction of the Manager of International Student Services, the International Student Services Specialist is responsible for assisting with the coordination of a comprehensive program of recruitment, admissions, and ongoing services and activities for F-1 international students. Through active engagement and recruitment efforts, this position shares in the responsibility to meet the enrollment targets for international students with the goal of ensuring the growth and diversity of the College's international student population.
For a complete position description, and to apply online, please visit our career site at jobs.ccp.edu, or click the “Apply” button.
Community College of Philadelphia recognizes that our employees are important and vital to our success. We offer a high-quality, comprehensive program of benefits, which represents an important component of total compensation.
Our benefits include:
Medical, dental and prescription drug plans for employee and all of their eligible family members
College-paid life and disability insurance
College closes for Winter Break the week between Christmas and New Years and for a week in March for Spring Break
Tuition remission (for classes at the College)
Forgivable tuition loan (for classes at any accredited academic institution)
403(b) retirement plan with 10% College contribution
Healthcare and Dependent Care flexible spending accounts
College operates on a 4-day work week during the summer months
Paid vacation plus holiday and personal time off
Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
• Bachelor's degree required. Any and all degree(s) must be from an accredited institution of higher learning.
• Two (2) years of work experience in international student services, including demonstrated knowledge of immigration regulations that apply to this population is required.
• Demonstrated understanding of or experience with SEVIS (Real Time Interactive) and F-1 regulations required.
• Experience working with people from a variety of culturally diverse backgrounds required.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and familiarity with integrated management software required.
• Must be a U.S. Citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident to meet federal regulatory requirements for professional practice as a Designated School Official (DSO).
• Maintain a valid United States passport at all times for travel outside of the country.
• Ability to travel locally and abroad with availability to attend day, evening and weekend events.
• Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment inclusive of students, faculty and staff of varying social economic, cultural, ideological and ethnic backgrounds required.
• One (1) year of experience in the “Designated School Official” (DSO) role preferred.
• Experience recruiting international students in a higher education setting preferred.
• Experience compiling and analyzing data including enrollment trend data preferred.
• Experience with foreign travel or residence as well as foreign language ability preferred.
• Experience with an enterprise-wide system, such as Ellucian Banner is preferred.
• Banner preferred.
• Working knowledge in use of social media as a recruitment and retention tool preferred.
Internal Number: 117119288
About Community College of Philadelphia
Community College of Philadelphia is the largest public institution of higher education in the City. Since 1965, over 500,000 students have passed through our doors seeking associate's degrees, certificates, improved workplace skills and lifelong learning. Many of our degree students transfer to four-year institutions while others seek employment in the Philadelphia region. Over 90 percent of our graduates remain in the area and seek employment, strengthening our local economy and workforce. Local businesses look to us to provide workplace training to keep their workers skilled and their companies competitive.
We offer over 70 degree and certificate programs in art, science, business, technology and liberal arts. Many of our students have hectic schedules, and we know how to accommodate every type of learner. Classes are held during the day, in the evening and on Saturdays at the Main Campus, our three Regional Centers and at neighborhood sites throughout the City. Distance education classes are also available.