Under the direction of the Director of Family Life Programs, manage Midway Aquatics & Pool Resources.Â Oversee and develop the Laboratory Schools Aquatics Program inclusive of a robust summer instruction component as part of Summer Lab, staffing Sunny Pool and assuring all certifications are current. Provide the necessary training to guarantee a strong aquatics program.
1) Overall coordination and coaching of the Midway Aquatics program, the Laboratory Schools' competitive swim team, including overseeing coaching staff, setting schedules and meets, arranging facility use and operations, and communications with students, parents, and the Schools.
2) Plan, coach, recruit, and promote the Midway Aquatics program within NCAA and University standards.
3) Recommend, plan, and implement new instructional, training, and conditioning programs.
4) Teach relevant skills to student athletes during team practices, games, and individual/small group training sessions.
5) Evaluate the performance of the team and individual student athletes in order to instruct and advise on technical, strategic, and mental development; analyze data and evaluate tapes in order to develop, implement, and teach game strategies.
6) Counsel and advise student athletes on their academic, personal, and physical condition, consulting with the head coach and appropriate University staff as necessary.
7) Participate in the development and implementation of an overall recruiting plan; ensure student athletes and athletics representatives are informed of and comply with NCAA and University rules and regulations.
8) Assist with developing and monitoring the budget and developing and implementing travel plans.
9) Develop and implement annual business plans including enrollment levels, pricing, revenue generation, and expense management.
10) Responsible for student billing process, and reconciliation, scheduling, maintenance programs and processes for Sunny Pool facilities.
1) Quickly adapt to changing circumstances and be flexible in work with students.
2) Interact with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students, and parents.
3) Knowledge of diversity, equity and inclusion issues, and dynamics.
4) Knowledge of relevant sports rules.
5) Knowledge of applicable strengthening and conditioning programs and routines.
1) Bachelorâ™s Degree.
1) 5-7 years of experience.
2) Supervisory experience.
3) Experience working in a K-12 school setting.
4) Experience working with school-aged children.
2) Cover letter
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application.
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via the Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
Internal Number: JR07577
About University of Chicago
One of the world's premier academic and research institutions, the University of Chicago has driven new ways of thinking since our 1890 founding. Today, UChicago is an intellectual destination that draws inspired scholars to our Hyde Park and international campuses, keeping UChicago at the nexus of ideas that challenge and change the world.