The Program Evaluation and Research Unit (PERU) of the University of Pittsburgh School of Pharmacy is seeking a Senior Communications Specialist.
The Senior Communications Specialist will be responsible for managing the research, development, and editing of scientific and marketing communications across PERU's research portfolios, in the fields of public health, overdose prevention, suicide prevention, and substance use disorder prevention, intervention, and treatment.
The roles and responsibilities of the Senior Communications Writer include the following:
* Write, edit, and proofread all assigned communications, including grant proposals, contract proposals, manuscripts, website copy, and other scientific written and visual deliverables for external stakeholders.
* Coordinate appropriate approvals from internal and external stakeholders prior to disseminating deliverables.
* Work closely with internal stakeholders to identify media opportunities.
* Proactively identify new activities/ideas to engage with public relations activities and streamline processes within PERU.
* Provide regular updates to internal stakeholders on communications activities and deliverable progress in accordance with agreed-upon deadlines.
* Support internal communications activities on an as-needed basis. * Coordinate with freelance writers/copyeditors as appropriate.
* Assist with special projects as needed.
* Manage internal deliverable development protocols and processes. * Manage staff development in writing and editing deliverables.
* Assure that all deliverables and communications adhere to PERU's and the University's approved style guidelines.
* With the collaboration of the Writing Lead and program leadership, delegate tasks to other members of the writing and project teams for successful completion
* Excellent ability to multitask and manage tight deadlines.
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
* Meticulous attention to detail.
* An ability to identify and write and edit for a broad range of audiences.
* Excellent copyediting and proofreading skills.
* Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, and Adobe products.
* Prior experience in healthcare or mental health is a plus, but not preferred.
* Master's degree preferred.
* 2 - 5 years in communications strategy development.
The University of Pittsburgh is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and values equality of opportunity, human dignity and diversity. EOE, including disability/vets
Assignment Category: Fulltime-Regular
Job Classification: Staff.Communications.III
Minimum Education Level Required: Master's
Minimum Experience Level Required: 3-5 years experience
Work Schedule: 8:30-5
Hiring Range: TBD based on qualifications
Relocation Offered: No
Visa Sponsorship Provided: No
Background Check: For position finalists, employment with the University will require successful completion of a background check
Founded in 1787, the same year the U.S. Constitution was signed, the University of Pittsburgh is one of the oldest institutions of higher education in the United States. One of three state-related research universities in Pennsylvania, Pitt is a member of the Association of American Universities (AAU), which comprises 62 preeminent doctorate-granting research institutions in North America.Pitt faculty members have expanded knowledge in the humanities and sciences, earning such prestigious honors as the National Medal of Science, the MacArthur Foundation’s “genius” grant, the Lasker-DeBakey Clinical Medical Research Award, and election to the National Academy of Sciences and the Institute of Medicine. Pitt scientists have defeated polio, unlocked the secrets of DNA, lead the world in organ transplantation, and pioneered TV and heavier-than-air flight, among numerous other accomplishments.Pitt students have earned Rhodes, Goldwater, Marshall, and Truman Scholarships, among other highly competitive national and international scholarships.Alumni have pioneered MRI and TV, won Nobel and Pulitzer Prizes, led corporations and universities, served in government and the military, conquered Hollywood and The New York Times bestsellers list, and won Super Bowls and NBA championships.