Teaching faculty at Guilford Technical Community College are responsible for supporting student success by creating an optimum learning environment, responding to student needs, managing effective instructional activities, modeling employability skills, demonstrating professionalism, developing cooperative work relationships with other faculty and staff, supporting college administrative requirements, and maintaining competency in their instructional field. He/she will be responsible for quality instruction and for effective participation and interest in the total affairs of the college.
Under general supervision, this individual will develop, prepare and teach Dental Assisting courses. The faculty member must be able to instruct a wide variety of dental assisting subjects with an emphasis on basic (beginning) dental assisting principles.
· Graduate of an accredited dental assisting program
· Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university
· Certified Dental Assistant – CDA
· Healthcare Provider level CPR certification
· Minimum of three years or the equivalent of full-time clinical experience as a chairside dental assistant
· Teaching and/or industry training experience
· Post-secondary teaching experience
· Experience with assessment of student learning outcomes
· Experience with distance learning and/or alternate instructional delivery systems
Guilford Technical Community College offers more than 80 programs of study and continues to support success through innovative education, training and partnerships. The college offers associate degrees, diplomas and certificates as well as noncredit courses in professional development, personal enrichment, job training, career development and basic education. As the third largest of 58 community colleges in the North Carolina Community College System, GTCC serves more than 40,000 students annually from its Jamestown, Greensboro, High Point, Aviation and Donald W. Cameron campuses as well as its Small Business Center in Greensboro and High Point.