The adjunct instructor for cake decorating/bakeshop classes is responsible for providing thorough, meaningful, and measurable instruction for adult learners interested in cake decorating/bakeshop classes. Instructor will provide students fundamental skills and knowledge to perform cake decorations using various methods, including but not limited to usage of icing and fillings, hard candies and piping bags, and spatulas in order to achieve the desired décor effect. More specifically, the instructor is responsible for the following:
1. Provide quality instruction at all times to adult students, teaching classes for the entire class period and properly covering the curriculum and outline for cake decorating/bakeshop classes.
2. Maintain accurate student and course records;
3. Provide input to the Director regarding student outcomes;
4. Enforce academic policy and procedures at all times;
5. Report to the Director any issues, concerns, or problems as it relates to the curriculum, instruction or student conduct/behavior.
6. Represent the college in a positive and professional manner at all times.
The adjunct instructor must be creative and energetic and have at least 3+ years' experience in cake decorating/bakeshop as a business or as an employee of a bakery or store that prepares baked goods. Prior teaching or training experience with adult learners required. Experience using cake decorating methods such as Wilton or other professional method preferred. Bilingual in Spanish and English would be a plus but not mandatory.