The Moving Specialist is responsible for providing prompt, efficient, customer-centric services in the following areas:
* Campus moves and deliveries
* Event Support (set-up and removal of event equipment)
* Campus Pressure Washing
* Facility Data Collection and Verification of Public Campus Space
This position also plays a key customer service role, often acting as the liaison between the Facilities and Planning Management office and our customers (frequently executive staff members coordinating high profile campus events). The position requires tact, patience, ingenuity, flexibility, and the ability/ willingness to prioritize shift schedules as required to ensure success.
Position duties include, but are not limited to:
* Moving and/or delivering supplies, equipment, furniture, classroom furnishings, electronics, and other sensitive and non-sensitive equipment; assembly and disassembly of equipment such as office furniture and cubicle furniture as necessary; setup and removal for campus special events such as commencement, athletic events, special dinners or luncheons for campus or campus visitors, etc.
* Campus pressure washing (high and low pressure), as needed, on a continual basis, This includes washing walkways, outdoor furniture, exterior windows, trash cans, building signs, curbs, horizontal and vertical surfaces, etc.
* Providing assistance with facility data collection and verification of public campus spaces. This includes, but is not limited to, verifying proper quantity of seats are available for classes, replacing broken furniture, and adding furniture to classrooms, as needed. Additionally, this task includes collecting facility equipment and room data for entry into the TMA or EMS system.
* Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
The ideal candidate will possess:
Working knowledge of move processes and equipment; ability to work with and operate a lift gate; working knowledge of furniture assembly/disassembly; working knowledge of pressure washing processes and equipment; ability to be a reliable member of a working team; and strong oral and written communication skills.
Review of applications will begin on December 30, 2019 and continue until the position is filled. Applications received by this date will receive priority consideration.
Internal Number: 190949
The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga is an engaged, metropolitan university committed to excellence in teaching, research, and service, and dedicated to meeting the diverse needs of the region through strategic partnerships and community involvement.