Provide and maintain seamless exemplary customer service regarding student financials, resulting in improved customer understanding and satisfaction.
Independently triage complex student inquiries/issues based on a deep understanding of all Student Account Services functions as well as cross-divisional student service functions (including All-card, Housing, Financial Aid, Registrar, Admissions etc.) that impact the customer services we provide.
Assess the necessary services required to resolve the student inquiries/issues and provide specific point of contact referrals for students requiring additional support from other student service offices.
Provide responsible, non-routine, independent office support functions involving in depth customer service, account reconciliation, cashiering, record-keeping, billing/payments, departmental deposits, and data entry. Communicate and perform duties in a manner that provides excellent customer service and is responsive to customer needs.
Serve as a 'resource consultant' for office staff and other internal and external customers.
Primary Responsibilities :
1. Excellent customer service skills. Sound understanding and practice of exemplary customer service.
2. Exercise professional judgment.
3. Assist students in determining methods of payment.
4. Review and process outstanding receivables.
5. Independently prepare, maintain and/or interpret various records, correspondence, documents and files.
6. Investigate, develop, recommend, implement, and/or revise University procedures relating to specific area(s).
7. Maintain in-depth knowledge of applicable state and federal laws, regulations and University policies and serve as a 'resource consultant' for office staff and other internal and external customers; maintain confidentiality.
8. Contribute to the creation and maintenance of a virtual customer service portal specific to student accounts.
9. Act as 'back-up' to various administrative employees.
10. Sound understanding and practice of basic accounting skills.
11. Ability to reconcile student accounts, vault, and process daily office deposits.
12. Independently analyze special requests and considerations and make determination and give authorization.
13. Provide assistance in a variety of complex duties to explain the recalculation and/or revision of student aid awards. Receive, receipt and record external scholarship funds, assist in student payment plan arrangements, serve as University liaison to various state and federal agencies, monitor and analyze billing processes, explain estimate financial aid totals, authorize payments and reconcile various reports and deposits. Troubleshoot computer software and payment system issues when applicable.
14. Answer phones/respond to office emails/monitor and respond to customer service chat rooms.
15. Investigate issues, research and compile data, prepare reports, resolve and respond to discrepancies and customer problems. Refer customers to other staff when needed.
16. Routinely handle confidential information. Assist coworkers, customers, etc. with sensitive issues or decisions.
17. Authorize approvals, exceptions, payments, etc. within assigned scope of responsibilities.
18. Monitor release of information.
19. May be assigned to act as departmental liaison with other University departments and external contacts.
20. Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
1.Plan, organize and make sound judgments and decisions. Utilize the rules of proper grammar, correct spelling and punctuation, and proper arrangement of information. 2.Perform mathematical functions and advanced bookkeeping, accounting, record-keeping with accuracy and attention to detail. 3.Communicate effectively with a diverse customer population. 4.Use computer software, reporting tools and systems. 5.Operate a variety of office machines and equipment. 6.Meet deadlines, demonstrate excellent organization and analytical skills. 7.Understand and maintain current knowledge of special terminology and regulations. 8.Ability to interview, hire, direct, and train lower level employees.
Minimum: Two years of full-time higher education administrative service(s) experience. Experience in customer service with working knowledge of state and federal regulations (FERPA, Title IVFA, PCI, Gramm-Leach-Bliley, FDCPA, FCRA, TILA), SAPSLCM modules, ProSam Financial Assistance Software, as well as banking or financial transactions. May require working with computer technical personnel to resolve programming difficulties.
Any equivalent combination of education, training and experience, which provides the required knowledge, abilities and skills, may be considered. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Any candidate who is offered this position will be required to go through a pre-employment criminal background check as mandated by state law.
Minimum Education: Acceptable Equivalency
Minimum Experience: Acceptable Equivalency
Quick Link: 9035
Internal Number: 9035
About Northern Kentucky University
NKU is a growing metropolitan university of more than 14,000 students served by more than 2,000 faculty and staff on a thriving suburban campus near Cincinnati.
Located in the quiet suburb of Highland Heights, Kentucky—just seven miles southeast of Cincinnati—we have become a leader in Greater Cincinnati and Kentucky by providing a private school education for a fraction of the cost.
While we are one of the fastest growing universities in Kentucky, our professors still know our students' names.