Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS)-Inpatient Acute Care
12 hour nights with a varied work schedule
Are you an accomplished and proud Clinical Nurse Specialist?
The expertise, creativity, commitment, and generosity of spirit of the men and women of Memorial Sloan Kettering are at the heart of our success. We are encouraged by one anothers dedication and compassion, and recognize the work being done in the service of our patients and our mission.
New programs and state-of-the-art facilities are essential to our continued growth and achievement. But it is the people who work within our hospital, clinics and laboratories who truly ensure the future of MSK. And it is our patients who provide the inspiration for everything we do.
WE ARE: At Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSK), we recognize and champion the role of the Clinical Nurse Specialist and the value it adds to our organization in meeting the specialized needs of our patients with cancer.
Our amazing nursing team includes over 40 Clinical Nurse Specialists and we are growing the team. Are you ready to find your calling and make MSK your next career move?
Our CNSs are dedicated to ensuring quality and excellence in the art and science of professional nursing practice. This is consistent with our mission to provide compassionate, evidence-based nursing care to patients and families living with cancer in a healing and innovative environment.
YOU WILL: - Utilize the tenets of primary nursing: knowledge, accountability, and continuity to foster a culture and structure supportive of caring and therapeutic relationships between nurses and patients and families
- Inspire a culture of excellence and accountability by setting clear goals, expectations and benchmarks for performance
- Contribute to the design, development and implementation of strategic and operational initiatives.
- Lead and support staff during periods of transition; communicate purpose and empower staff to embrace change.
- Demonstrate understanding and ensure the specific needs and care requirements of patient population are met.
YOU ARE: - A good decision-maker, with known to work at making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
- Able to work effectively in an environment notable for complex, sometimes contradictory information
- Flexible in your approach and demeanor in order to align with the shifting demands of evolving circumstances
- Effective at gaining the support and dedication of others by engaging them around your point of view and priorities
Current New York StateRN license withCNS qualification required
3+ years of related experience
Experience in an advanced nursing role strongly preferred
Self-direction and strong interpersonal skills are essential
Memorial Sloan Ketterings (MSK) benefits program acknowledges the care that our employees put into their jobs every day. The program provides benefits, tools, resources and services to help employees at work, and in their lives outside of work. MSK is committed to providing a comprehensive benefits package to its employees. #LI
Internal Number: 2019-29060
About Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
As one of the world's premier cancer centers, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center is committed to exceptional patient care, leading-edge research, and superb educational programs. The close collaboration between our physicians and scientists is one of our unique strengths, enabling us to provide patients with the best care available today as we work to discover more effective strategies to prevent, control, and ultimately cure cancer in the future. Our education programs train future physicians and scientists, and the knowledge and experience they gain at Memorial Sloan-Kettering has an impact on cancer treatment and the biomedical research agenda around the world.