This position provides administrative support for the Office of the Provost, as well as affiliated academic initiatives related to academic assessment, accreditation, academic program review, and academic program approval and Interprofessional Education Initiative, including direct support for the Administrative Manager.
1) Provides daily administrative support to the Office of the Provost including: support to a manager and/or team; greets visitors as they enter office; creates a variety of correspondence, reports, staff meetings, take committee minutes, notes, or other information with little to no general oversight; answers multiple phone lines, screens and refers calls as appropriate; responds to multiple generic email boxes; copies and mails correspondence from the Office of the Provost to a variety of locations; schedules meetings as directed; prepares meeting materials; organizes and maintains online filing systems; schedules appointments and conferences; makes room reservations; serves as backup departmental ITC/network support; backup timekeeper for Provost Office and direct departments, and updates various websites. Submits POs and PSCs through Oracle, and prepares and submits invoices.
2) Provide support for Provost Office management: Provide administrative support such as scheduling and staffing meetings, make travel arrangements, update websites and other administrative tasks as needed.
3) Provides daily administrative support, and assists with annual special projects
4) Assists in record processing as needed. Examines forms, and other documents for accuracy and completeness; compares data on documents with data on manual or computer records; adds, deletes, or changes information on manual or computerized systems to maintain accurate, complete, and current information; types itineraries and agendas; takes minutes at meetings
5) Other duties as assigned; Possibilities include updating various OHSU websites, supporting IPE, providing additional administrative coordination for Provost Office and Academic Affairs. Back-up timekeeping as needed.
Two year of general office or secretarial experience, OR
An Associates degree or certificate in office occupations or office technology and one year of general office or secretarial experience; OR
A Bachelors degree and one year of general office or secretarial experience; OR
An equivalent combination of training and experience.
Note: Successful completion of a formal OHSU Administrative Internship Program will substitute for one year of experience. Contact Compensation for confirmation of eligibility.
Two years of administrative support experience (consistent with the duties above).
Experience with Adobe Creative Suites; Photoshop, Acrobat, Illustrator
Please include a cover letter along with your resume.
Oregon Health & Science University values a diverse and culturally competent workforce. We are proud of our commitment to being an equal opportunity, affirmative action organization that does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any protected class status, including disability status and protected veteran status. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity and a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply. To request reasonable accommodation contact the Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Department at 503-494-5148 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
As the state's only health and research university, OHSU brings together patient care, research, education of the next generation of health care providers and scientists and community service to improve the health and well-being of all Oregonians.The university is a conduit for learning for more than 2,800 students, providing training to interns, residents and fellows in postgraduate medical and research. It is the only place in Oregon that grants doctoral degrees in medicine, dentistry and nursing. OHSU cares for more than 251,000 patients each year from around the region and takes a leadership role in contributing to solutions involving the health of the state and the nation, such as health care access and transparency, ethics and workforce shortage. Beyond providing critical health care services, quality education and cutting-edge research, OHSU also is a key economic and social force in the Northwest. With an annual operating budget of $2.06 billion and more than 14,000 employees, OHSU is Portland?s largest employer. Its size contributes to its ability to provide... many services and community support activities not found anywhere else in Oregon. For more information visit http://www.ohsu.edu/xd/about/index.cfm