Job Responsibilities (the scope of responsibility, department and position levels including knowledge and practice of the clinical/technical skills necessary to the position):
1. Installs and upgrades database software on the following server platforms and ensures license compliance: Oracle on RHEL/AIX, SQL Server on Windows, MySQL on RHEL
2. Performs database migrations from on-prem to AWS RDS and EC2 instances
3. Manages storage associated with Oracle/SQL Server/MySQL databases and assists system administrators with storage allocation and planning related to the database.
4. Monitors and optimizes the performance of Oracle instances in a networked environment.
5. Monitors and optimizes the performance of SQL Server and MySQL instances in a networked environment.
6. Designs and implements viable database backup, recovery, and high availability strategies and mechanisms. Executes database recovery, restoration, and/or restart as required.
7. Defines and implements database security, audit, and resource allocation policies and procedures. Defines, creates, and manages user accounts, profiles, privileges, roles, and required audit information.
8. Monitors and optimizes database instance using database administration tools, SQL scripts, and database utilities. Monitors SGA, resource utilization, and configures database parameters accordingly.
9. Designs and implements the data extraction, data load, and database synchronization routines and functions.
10. Assists in specification and implementation of tables, views, indexes, integrity, security, and business rules using DDL, DCL, DML, and PL/SQL functions, procedures, and packages.
11. Provides on-call support for enterprise-wide databases and responds to incidents in a timely manner.
12. Performs other duties as assigned by management or team lead.
Providing healthcare for more than 100 years, Cedars-Sinai has evolved into one of the most dynamic and highly renowned medical centers in the world. Along with caring for patients, Cedars-Sinai is a hub for biomedical research and a training center for future physicians and other healthcare professionals. This attracts exceptional talent to Cedars-Sinai, including world-renowned physician-scientists who seek a place where they can both conduct research and see patients--the ideal formula for discovery and its translation into cures. Our patients benefit from access to doctors at the top of their fields, and our researchers have an ideal community in which to study the impact of healthcare challenges, and reflect that knowledge in their research. The greater Los Angeles area in which Cedars-Sinai resides possesses unparalleled cultural and ethnic diversity which offers outstanding opportunities for translational and clinical research... and a dynamic environment for medical education.Although community based, Cedars-Sinai is a major teaching hospital affiliated with the David Geffen School of Medicine at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA). Cedars-Sinai has highly competitive graduate medical education programs in more than 50 specialty and subspecialty areas, a graduate program in biomedical sciences and translational medicine, a clinical scholars program directed towards junior physicians with aspirations to become clinical scientists, and post graduate training opportunities.There are more than 250 full-time faculty members at Cedars-Sinai. The voluntary medical staff, comprised of more than 2,200 specialty board-certified or board-qualified physicians, represent all of the specialties and subspecialties and collaborate with full-time medical staff in the teaching responsibilities of the graduate medical education programs.