The Quality Assurance Analyst III is responsible for the leadership, design, development and execution of testing for CRM & Admissions applications, components and integrations used to enable Boston Universitys academic, administrative and ancillary processes. Duties include analysis of business requirements and technical design; development of test strategies and plans; development of test cases and scripts - both automated and manual; test execution and tracking; metrics reporting; assisting clients with user testing; enhancing the testing function by identifying, proposing and implementing improvements. The Quality Assurance Analyst III is an advanced professional role that may work on multiple projects as a leader or frequently as a subject matter expert. This individual will participate in projects that require Salesforce.com or vended packages that run on Salesforce, therefore experience with the Salesforce.com platform is required. This position will also be responsible for testing related to operational support and maintenance of various applications enabling university processes and systems. This individual may also coach and mentor more junior technical/QA staff.
* Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field. Or equivalent work experience.
* 5-7 years of IT work experience or the equivalent with demonstrated knowledge of QA Testing and the Salesforce.com platform. Higher Ed implementations is desirable
* Advanced knowledge of various testing methodologies and technologies to leverage at all stages of product development
* Advanced experience with and knowledge of automated testing tools preferred (Selenium/Cucumber, NeoLoad, Provar, etc...)
* Experience with the development of master test plans/strategies along with detailed project level test plans documents based on functional requirements and technical specifications
* Advanced knowledge of test management tools (ALM, Jira, IBM Rational, etc.)
* Experience with agile development methodologies
* Understanding of project management concepts and frameworks such as waterfall, Prince 2, Scrum
* Experience working on multiple projects as a technology leader or frequently as the subject matter expert.
* Experience working on projects/issues of medium to high complexity that require demonstrated knowledge across multiple technical areas and business segments.
* Experience coaching and mentoring junior technical staff
* Intermediate to advanced computer skills in the following software packages: MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Visio.
* Effective oral and written communication skills to work with subject matter experts (SMEs) and business partners within the University to elicit the information necessary for effective and comprehensive testing
* Deadline driven with little oversight
* Team player; professionalism and self-confidence
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Internal Number: 5902
About Boston University
Boston University is no small operation. With over 33,000 undergraduate and graduate students from more than 140 countries, 10,000 faculty and staff, 16 schools and colleges, and 250 fields of study, our two campuses are always humming.