A cover letter and resume are required for consideration for this position; include the cover letter as the first page of your resume. The letter should specifically address your interest in this position and outline particular skills and experience directly related to this position.
The University of Michigan’s Energy Institute (UMEI) is seeking a qualified Senior Administrative Coordinator to provide high-level administrative support to the Director and UMEI faculty/staff as well as manage events and provide support to for the business operations of the unit. UMEI enhances the impact of clean energy research made by our 130 faculty affiliates – leading thinkers and innovators addressing technological problems in tandem with policy, business and societal challenges.
Provide administrative support to the Director and UMEI Leadership(45%)
* Arrange travel and prepare travel reimbursement reports (Concur).
* Manage calendars, arrange meetings, schedule appointments, and conference calls using discretion and judgment to ensure effective use of time. Prepare materials needed for Director at least a day in advance to ensure proper preparation for meetings.
* Assist with editing PowerPoint slides, word processing reports and creating spreadsheets.
* Serve as the first point of contact for the Institute: greet visitors, answer main phone line, distribute mail/packages, process package returns and assign parking passes to Institute visitors.
* Develop and maintain email lists/groups for UMEI general use as well as for events and other organized activities.
* Manage and monitor all small and large scale meeting logistics including planning, timeline management, invitations, accommodations, transportation, facilities and room reservations, catering, signage, audio/visual (AV) arrangements, displays, special needs requirements, printing and event communication.
* Prepare agendas, meeting minutes and distribute correspondence associated with assigned meetings. Follow up on necessary tasks and/or directives generated from meetings.
* Provide high-level administrative support to select committees, groups, and initiatives including but not limited to:
UMEI Executive Committee
UMEI External Advisory Board
UMEI Faculty Council
Provide support for business operations of the Institute (25%)
* Assist with Battery Lab external and internal billing (service unit billing and various sponsors billing).
* Process and track orders for UMEI and battery lab through short code, PO, Marketsite, P-Card, etc.
* Manage and maintain kitchen and office equipment (coffee pot, copier, shredder) and monitor supplies, ordering as appropriate.
* Assist with payments/reimbursements through P-Card, PeoplePay, Concur, PO, Non-PO/Special Payment Forms (Travel Business Hosting Expense Reports).
* Process journal entries.
* Assist with cash/check deposits.
* Assist with account reconciliation and provide Shared Services with missing documentation as needed.
* Assist with collecting and organizing proposal supporting documentation.
* Create and maintain spreadsheet tracking lab safety training for PML users and to track faculty space use in the Institute.
* Resolve routine facilities issues by submitting work orders to the Facilities Service Center.
Event Management/Coordination and Planning (30%)
* Manage and coordinate UMEI annual events, such as but not limited to:
Battery Lab Short Courses
Undergraduate Research Opportunity Program
Transportation, Energy, Economics and the Environment Conference (TE3)
UMEI Seminar Series
* This includes: planning, timeline management, invitations, accommodations, transportation, facilities and room reservations, catering, signage, audio/visual (AV) arrangements, displays, special needs requirements, printing and event communication.
* Bachelor’s Degree
* Minimum 5 years of administrative support experience, including event coordination.
* Demonstrated ability to initiate projects and carry them through to completion as well as the flexibility to change focus and priorities quickly.
* High proficiency with technology including Google Docs, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), Gmail, and Adobe Acrobat.
* Strong written, verbal communication and organizational skills.
* Attention to detail and dependability are essential.
* Ability to work independently, as well as in a team, and think conceptually, with a keen attention to detail and superior organizational skills.
* Ability to anticipate needs and be proactive.
* Must have strong interpersonal skills and ability to work successfully with all levels of faculty, staff and students.
* Knowledge of U-M policies and procedures, experience with MPathways financial and administrative systems, experience with Business Objects queries.
* Previous experience working in a higher education research setting.
* Proven ability to work with a variety of constituents (administrators, staff, faculty, students, and the broader Ann Arbor community).
* Experience supporting senior management and working as a member of an administrative team.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Internal Number: 180747
About University of Michigan - Ann Arbor
A great university is made so by its faculty and staff, and Michigan is recognized as one of the best universities to work for in the country. The Michigan culture is known for engaging faculty and staff in all facets of the university to create a workplace that is vibrant and stimulating.For two consecutive years, the Chronicle of Higher Education has placed U-M in its "Great Colleges to Work For" survey. In particular, the university earns high marks for strong relations between faculty and administrators, a collaborative system of governance, strong pay and benefits, and a healthy work/life balance.