1) Serve as the front-line, primary point of contact for the Deanâ™s Office by greeting and assisting guests and answering main phone line, providing excellent service. Triages emails and telephone calls for action.
2) Manage complex and diverse calendars for Deputy Deans and Associate Deans, exercising considerable discretion and judgment as to priorities and effective use of management teamâ™s time.
3) Manage procurement activity for the Deanâ™s Office:submit requests for payment of invoices, the purchase of goods and services, process reimbursements, and expense reports and reconciliation. Prepares financial and/or administrative reports.
4) Manage reservations for conference room and lecture halls (after hours only).
5) Coordinate facilities service activities for the Social Sciences Research Building:initiate work orders for repairs, issue keys, monitor security system (door programming), after hours scheduling of lecturer rooms.
6) Regular and ad hoc project assignments that require strong organization and data analysis.
7) Coordinate special events and meetings, including planning and onsite logistics for the Division. Some non-standard hours may be required (i.eâ¦holiday events, retirement parties, office retreats.)
1) Excellent oral and written communication skills.Â
2) Strong customer service skills and ability to interact with and serve a diverse population with tact, courtesy, clarity, and diplomacy.Â
3) Ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations and information with absolute discretion.Â
4) Ability to maintain calm and courteous demeanor and to work productively despite heavy workload, competing priorities, complex problems, and tight deadlines.Â
5) Ability to use appropriate resources to resolve an issue.Â
6) Ability to follow an issue through to resolution.Â
7) Must have the ability to work independently with a minimum amount of direct supervision and proper discernment.
1) Bachelorâ™s degree
1) 2-5 years of work experience in a related job discipline.
2) Experience in an academic environment.
3) Experience planning and executing special events.
4) Experience with budge management and reconciliation.
5) Must have exceptional communication skills and must be client-service oriented.
Technical Knowledge or Skills
1) Knowledge of standard computer programs preferred (e.g., Microsoft Office Suites - Word, Excel), standard email system, as well as key business systems such as GEMS, EPAYMENT, Buysite.
1) Cover Letter
3) Three professional references
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application.
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via the Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
Internal Number: JR07009
About University of Chicago
One of the world's premier academic and research institutions, the University of Chicago has driven new ways of thinking since our 1890 founding. Today, UChicago is an intellectual destination that draws inspired scholars to our Hyde Park and international campuses, keeping UChicago at the nexus of ideas that challenge and change the world.