Job Summary/Basic Function: Job Summary: The Assistant Softball Coach assists the Head Softball Coach with directing and supervising the operation of the softball program within the rules and regulations of the NCAA, Southland Conference, Texas State University System and Lamar University. The position requires a commitment to compliance and academics leading to graduation of student-athletes. The position requires active involvement in the community for fundraising purposes.
Job Duties: 1. Assists the Head Softball Coach with a variety of administrative duties.
2. Assists the Head Softball Coach with on field coaching during practice and competition.
3. Available to the news media on appropriate occasions as determined by the Head Softball Coach in conjunction with the Assistant Athletics Director for Media Relations.
4. Assists in developing a successful recruiting program and will attempt to recruit the best students as well as athletes.
5. Recognizes and promotes the best interest of the student-athletes both academically and athletically - encouraging each to graduate.
6. Actively participates in fundraising and development along with the Head Softball Coach and the Assistant Athletics Director for External Affairs.
7. Assists the Head Softball Coach with running a program within budget guidelines.
8. Assists in the provision of public information which will be provided through the Media Relations Office in accordance with policies mutually agreed upon by the coaches, the Director of Athletics and Lamar University.
Minimum Qualifications: Qualifications: Bachelors degree required 1 3 years NCAA Division I and/or professional experience as a softball coach Knowledge of NCAA rules required Strict adherence to established NCAA, Southland Conference, Texas State University System and Lamar University rules and regulations is required. A violation of these rules and regulations can lead to disciplinary action including termination.
Security Sensitive Statement: This position is security-sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of the Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes the employer to obtain criminal history record information.
Lamar University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Lamar University not to discriminate on the basis of non-relevant criteria including, but not limited to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status in its educational programs, activities, admissions or employment practices.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Home to more than 14,000 students, Lamar University is one of the fastest growing universities in Texas and is a member of The Texas State University System. LU offers more than 100 programs of study leading to bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees. The 270-acre campus in Beaumont is about 90 miles east of Houston and about 25 miles west of Louisiana