The McGowan Center for Preclinical Studies (CPCS) is seeking energetic individuals such as nursing and skilled veterinary technicians interested in working in a 24hour critical care medicine and gain exposure to medical devices in the research setting.
* Performance of duties including, but not limited to, critical care nursing support of research animals and medical device monitoring; administration of medications; monitoring post-surgical patients; central line management (arterial- venous), IVF management; collection of laboratory specimens; assisting with monitoring procedures; some animal husbandry duties ; opportunities to gain experience in the surgical/operating room a very strong potential.
Hourly rate is commensurate with experience/skills
* Minimum 2 nd year Nursing Student minimum and or Veterinary Technicians with Emergency Medicine experience desired
* Duties are performed in a laboratory setting and require attention to details and very strong documentation and communication skills;
* Observe and operate under Quality Management Systems within a regulated environment. This includes the following of written standard operating procedures, protocols and general standards of practice;
* Flexibility to "casually" work shifts up to 4-8hrs that will include, weekdays, evenings, weekends; ability to commit to shift schedules weeks and when possible months in advance desired;
* Maintain a safe and healthy work environment that complies with all safety policies and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards.
* Perform all other related duties as assigned
* Successful applicants must clear a DEA background check.
The University of Pittsburgh is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and values equality of opportunity, human dignity and diversity. EOE, including disability/vets
Department: Med-McGowan Inst Regenerative Med
Assignment Category: Parttime-Temporary
Minimum Education Level Required: Associate
Minimum Experience Level Required: 1-2 years experience
Work Schedule: Will vary depending on study
Requested Pay Rate: $18-$35 DOE
Visa Sponsorship Provided: No
Background Check: For position finalists, employment with the University will require successful completion of a background check
Child Protection Clearances: Not Applicable
Required Documents: Resume
Internal Number: 19008081
About University of Pittsburgh
Founded in 1787, the same year the U.S. Constitution was signed, the University of Pittsburgh is one of the oldest institutions of higher education in the United States. One of three state-related research universities in Pennsylvania, Pitt is a member of the Association of American Universities (AAU), which comprises 62 preeminent doctorate-granting research institutions in North America.Pitt faculty members have expanded knowledge in the humanities and sciences, earning such prestigious honors as the National Medal of Science, the MacArthur Foundation’s “genius” grant, the Lasker-DeBakey Clinical Medical Research Award, and election to the National Academy of Sciences and the Institute of Medicine. Pitt scientists have defeated polio, unlocked the secrets of DNA, lead the world in organ transplantation, and pioneered TV and heavier-than-air flight, among numerous other accomplishments.Pitt students have earned Rhodes, Goldwater, Marshall, and Truman Scholarships, among other highly competitive national and international scholarships.Alumni have pioneered MRI and TV, won Nobel and Pulitzer Prizes, led corporations and universities, served in government and the military, conquered Hollywood and The New York Times bestsellers list, and won Super Bowls and NBA championships.