This is a part-time position and hours of work and days will be defined by supervisor. Evening and weekend work is required as job duties demand
RAMAPO COLLEGE OF NEW JERSEY:
Mission: Ramapo College of New Jersey is New Jersey’s Public Liberal Arts College, dedicated to providing students a strong foundation for a lifetime of achievement. The College is committed to academic excellence through interdisciplinary and experiential learning, and international and intercultural understanding. Ramapo College emphasizes teaching and individual attention to all students. We promote diversity, inclusiveness, sustainability, student engagement, and community involvement.
Established in 1969, Ramapo College offers bachelor’s degrees in the arts, business, humanities, social sciences and the sciences, as well as in professional studies, which include business, elementary education, nursing and social work. The College also offers articulated programs, including dental, optometry, chiropractic and health professions, as well as visual arts therapy and law, with colleges and institutions in New Jersey and New York.
Undergraduate students may choose to concentrate their studies in one of five schools with more than 539 course offerings and more than 36 academic programs. Ramapo College boasts an average student/faculty ratio of 18:1 and an average class size of 23; affording students the opportunity to develop close ties to the College’s exceptional faculty.
The College offers part-time graduate programs leading to degrees in Accounting, Business Administration, Educational Technology, Educational Leadership, Nursing, Social Work and Special Education.
The Assistant Coach reports directly to the Head Coach. The person in this position is responsible for assisting in the skill instruction of student-athletes, supervising all practices and contests, recruiting academically and athletically qualified student-athletes, and conducting all activities within the rules and regulations of Ramapo College, the NCAA, NJAC, and other conferences.
• Primary responsibility is to teach, instruct, develop and direct student-athletes in the sport specific skills of Basketball.
• Assist in carrying out the following duties as indicated by the head coach: o Individual player skill development. o Identify and recruit academically and athletically qualified students (High School contests and tournaments) o Assist with monthly, weekly and daily practice plans. o Supervision of practices and contests. o Assist with post-game reports on team and personal performances o Opponent analysis and preparation (Reviewing and Analyzing film) o Assist in monitoring the academic progress of athletes, including organizing team study sessions and follow up with players on all academic progress reports received by athletic office. o Supervise closely the requirement that all players complete the college physical examination and all related paper work before any participation can occur. o Work closely with Athletic Trainer for the care and prevention of athletic injuries. o Work closely with the Sports Performance Coordinator with fitness and conditioning programs o Monitor the distribution, use and return of equipment. o Development and implementation of clinics, tournament and summer camps. o Travel Coordination. o Maintain a positive rapport with college community and alumni. o Raise funds as necessary and coordinates with the Head Coach and the Athletic Director. o Assist with Game Day planning and set up.
Additional duties as assigned by the Head Coach and/or Director of Athletics.
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds, stand for extended periods of time, and assist in setting up game/field equipment.
• Must be able to demonstrate sport specific skills and actively participate in practice activities.
• Have knowledge of and ability to instantly implement Athletics’ Emergency Medical Plan.
• Will be accountable for knowing all the policies and procedures in the Ramapo Coaches Handbook, as well as NCAA and Conference regulations.
• Must Pass the NCAA Coaches exam with an 85%
• First Aid / CPR / AED Certified
• Certified Van Driver / Transportation Safety
Ramapo College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Ramapo has a long history of advocating, advising, and supporting diversity, equity, and inclusiveness. Examples can be found in its mission statement, values, strategic plan, degree and course offerings, community outreach programs, and numerous diversity-focused conferences, trainings, and programs. Ramapo’s commitment to diversity and inclusion is infused across all facets of the College; where the environment is welcoming, dedicated to social justice, respectful of freedom of expression, focused on educating and having an ongoing conversation regarding cultural competence and the benefits and importance of diversity.
Internal Number: 114623864
About Ramapo College
"Ranked by U.S. News & World Report as sixth in the Best Regional Universities North category for public institutions, Ramapo College of New Jersey is sometimes mistaken for a private college. This is, in part, due to its unique interdisciplinary academic structure, its size of approximately 6,008 students and its pastoral setting in the foothills of the Ramapo Mountains on the New Jersey/New York border.Established in 1969, Ramapo College offers bachelor's degrees in the arts, business, humanities, social sciences and the sciences, as well as in professional studies, which include nursing and social work. In addition, Ramapo College offers courses leading to teacher certification at the elementary and secondary levels. The College also offers six graduate programs as well as articulated programs with the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, New York Chiropractic College, New York University College of Dentistry, SUNY State College of Optometry and New York College of Podiatric Medicine."