Community College of Philadelphia is dedicated to promoting a work environment which attracts and retains talented and diverse faculty and staff, and which challenges each of us to achieve at the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College. We value and support a culturally diverse and intellectually dynamic community to prepare our students for global citizenship. Join us as we transition from our first 50 years into the next and build upon a legacy that will impact the city of Philadelphia and beyond.
Community College of Philadelphia is seeking to fill a CCAMPIS Recruitment Specialist position. The CCAMPIS Recruitment Specialist is primarily responsible for student outreach initiatives and assists the Director in developing and implementing strategies that serve to increase the number of qualified Pell-eligible student-parents enrolled in the CCAMPIS (Child Care Access Means Parents in School) childcare grant program. This position coordinates outreach activities with high school seniors, churches, community agencies, and other targeted markets. These activities include large and small group presentations (onsite, offsite, webcasts, ZOOM, etc.), education fairs, community festivals and appointments with high school counselors. This position requires participation at evening and weekend recruitment events to promote the College and provide detailed information about the CCAMPIS Program.
This is a temporary, grant-funded position. Employment is based on the continuation of grant funding.
For a complete position description, and to apply online, please visit our career site at jobs.ccp.edu, or click the “Apply” button.
Community College of Philadelphia recognizes that our employees are important and vital to our success. We offer a high-quality, comprehensive program of benefits, which represents an important component of total compensation.
Our benefits include:
Medical, dental and prescription drug plans for employee and all of their eligible family members
College-paid life and disability insurance
College closes for Winter Break the week between Christmas and New Years and for a week in March for Spring Break
Tuition remission (for classes at the College)
Forgivable tuition loan (for classes at any accredited academic institution)
403(b) retirement plan with 10% College contribution
Healthcare and Dependent Care flexible spending accounts
College operates on a 4-day work week during the summer months
Paid vacation plus holiday and personal time off
Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
• Bachelor's degree in Early Childhood Education or related field required; any and all degree(s) must be from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
• A minimum of three (3) years of program recruitment experience required.
• Previous work experience recruiting/attracting program participant or students via various mediums, such as social media, phone interviews, etc. required.
• Experience working with “at risk” and culturally diverse populations required.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Word and Excel required.
• Demonstrated competency in organizing data, maintaining files, and preparing reports required.
• Access to reliable transportation required.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to effectively interact with individuals from diverse backgrounds required.
• Strong decision-making skills.
• Strong organization and planning skills required.
• Effective group facilitation and presentation skills required.
• Ability to collaborate with others required.
• Ability to work evenings and weekends as required.
• Previous program recruitment experience in higher education preferred.
• Familiarity with integrated management software such as Engage (formerly OrgSync), preferred.
Internal Number: 114477868
About Community College of Philadelphia
Community College of Philadelphia is the largest public institution of higher education in the City. Since 1965, over 500,000 students have passed through our doors seeking associate's degrees, certificates, improved workplace skills and lifelong learning. Many of our degree students transfer to four-year institutions while others seek employment in the Philadelphia region. Over 90 percent of our graduates remain in the area and seek employment, strengthening our local economy and workforce. Local businesses look to us to provide workplace training to keep their workers skilled and their companies competitive.
We offer over 70 degree and certificate programs in art, science, business, technology and liberal arts. Many of our students have hectic schedules, and we know how to accommodate every type of learner. Classes are held during the day, in the evening and on Saturdays at the Main Campus, our three Regional Centers and at neighborhood sites throughout the City. Distance education classes are also available.