Community College of Philadelphia is dedicated to promoting a work environment which attracts and retains talented and diverse faculty and staff, and which challenges each of us to achieve at the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College. We value and support a culturally diverse and intellectually dynamic community to prepare our students for global citizenship. Join us as we transition from our first 50 years into the next and build upon a legacy that will impact the city of Philadelphia and beyond.
Community College of Philadelphia is seeking to fill a Manager, Financial Aid Services & Outreach position. The Manager, Financial Aid Services & Outreach will assist the Associate Director in the management of the Financial Aid Office and the administration of all financial aid programs and services at the Main Campus and at each of the Regional Centers. This position will manage the Financial Aid Specialists who are responsible for operations and direct student services, including service in Enrollment Central, and services provided via telephone, live chat, webinars, presentations, community outreach, etc. The Manager will ensure excellence in all services and operations, including document and file management, to maximize student satisfaction, encourage enrollment, and foster student success. The Manager will work as a member of the Financial Aid leadership team, while modeling exceptional service to internal and external constituents, and working to facilitate positive operational outcomes and service delivery.
For a complete position description, and to apply online, please visit our career site at jobs.ccp.edu, or click the “Apply” button.
Community College of Philadelphia recognizes that our employees are important and vital to our success. We offer a high-quality, comprehensive program of benefits, which represents an important component of total compensation.
Our benefits include:
* 100% College-paid medical, dental and prescription drug for employee and all of their eligible family members * College-paid life and disability insurance * College closes for Winter Break the week between Christmas and New Years and for a week in March for Spring Break * Tuition remission (for classes at the College) * Forgivable tuition loan (for classes at any accredited academic institution) * 403(b) retirement plan with 10% College contribution * Healthcare and Dependent Care flexible spending accounts * College operates on a 4-day work week during the summer months * Paid vacation plus holiday and personal time off
Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
* A Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education is required.
* Minimum of five (5) years' of progressive work experience in student financial aid services required.
* Two (2) years of experience working with information technologies used in academia required.
* At least one (1) year of supervisory or leadership experience required.
* Strong leadership and team building skills required.
* Strong customer service orientation and ability to implement strategies to develop staff in the delivery of exceptional customer service required.
* Experience with all processing related to verification, dependency overrides, SAP, EHR, and AGGMAX, as well as audit reporting and assessment required.
* Demonstrated knowledge of federal regulations as they pertain to student financial aid required.
* Experience with document and file management required.
* Ability to provide excellent customer service to a diverse community of internal and external stakeholders (e.g. students, parents, faculty, and community partners) by effectively using cross-cultural skills and abilities is required.
* Ability to work evenings and weekends, based on business needs, required.
* Access to reliable transportation and the ability to travel locally to outreach events and to the College's Regional Centers required.
* Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills for various communication methods (phone, face-to-face, live chat, webinars, and email) required to effectively communicate with students, the general public, the College staff and faculty.
* Good problem-solving skills and the ability to use independent judgment in making administrative/procedural decisions with minimal supervision required.
* Ability to interpret and analyze a variety of information and instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
* Ability to multitask and process large volumes of work with accuracy required.
* Maintain sensitivity, understanding, and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological and ethnic backgrounds.
* Master's degree preferred.
* Experience with Ellucian Banner, and PHEAA preferred.
* Demonstrated proficiency using MS Word and Excel preferred.
* Bilingual or multilingual capabilities is preferred.
* Experience successfully conducting webinars, live chat, teleconferencing and email/text/phone campaigns preferred.
* Experience working in a unionized environment preferred.
Internal Number: 114477875
About Community College of Philadelphia
Community College of Philadelphia is the largest public institution of higher education in the City. Since 1965, over 500,000 students have passed through our doors seeking associate's degrees, certificates, improved workplace skills and lifelong learning. Many of our degree students transfer to four-year institutions while others seek employment in the Philadelphia region. Over 90 percent of our graduates remain in the area and seek employment, strengthening our local economy and workforce. Local businesses look to us to provide workplace training to keep their workers skilled and their companies competitive.
We offer over 70 degree and certificate programs in art, science, business, technology and liberal arts. Many of our students have hectic schedules, and we know how to accommodate every type of learner. Classes are held during the day, in the evening and on Saturdays at the Main Campus, our three Regional Centers and at neighborhood sites throughout the City. Distance education classes are also available.