Summary: This position reports to one Regional Director and an additional gift officer, for Capital Giving. Maintains calendar, organizes meetings, and supports event activity as needed. Compiles and prepares necessary meeting and solicitation materials, briefings and draft reports. Assists with post-meeting follow-up. Researches prospects and produces detailed reports and lists. Updates alumni database on an ongoing basis. Handles all travel arrangements. Produces complex expense reports on a monthly basis. Provides customer service to internal staff members and external clients such as donors and/or alumni. Supports monthly regional planning and regional campaign activity. Maintains excellent customer service with other AA&D sections and works closely throughout the year with the University Development Office, Harvard College Fund, Alumni and Development Services, Budget and other University-wide departments.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The below covers the most significant responsibilities of the position. It does not, however, exclude other duties, the inclusion of which would be in conformity with the level of the position.
1) Maintains calendar for the managers, organizes meetings, and coordinates event logistics. Compiles and prepares necessary meeting and solicitation materials prior to prospect meetings, and responsible for drafting and distributing trip reports post meeting. Occasionally will organize and produce mailings. All of these duties involve detailed and time specific work.
2) Responsible for helping to write and distribute a high volume of briefings in preparation for meetings with the President, Dean, Provost, Faculty and other Staff.
3) Researches prospects and produces reports and lists using the BSR database, Excel, and Word. Transfers BSR data into Excel to organize data and produce reports and other materials regularly.
4) Handles all travel arrangements; books flights, hotels, and responsible for compiling a high volume of trip materials, while adhering to the confidentiality protocol administered by AA&D as of January 2012.
5) Produces detailed expense reports (corporate card as well as out-of-pocket) for each officer on a monthly basis. Works with the budget office to ensure smooth processing of expense reports.
6) Provides customer service to internal staff members and external clients such as donors and/or alumni. Assists with donor outreach and schedules meetings with alumni domestically and overseas.
7) Maintains excellent customer service with other AA&D sections and works closely throughout the year with the University Development Office, Harvard College Fund, and other departments including but not limited to Communications, Events, Recording Secretary's Office, Development Technology Services, Alumni Information Services, Harvard Alumni Association and Class Reports Office to help accomplish the goals of the classes.
8) Attends AA&D All Staff and Capital Giving Staff Assistant Meetings throughout the year.
Please include a cover letter with your application.
Skills testing may be a component of the interview process for this position.
The department of Alumni Affairs and Development at Harvard University is committed to diversity. We welcome applicants who bring varied experience, thought, and practice to the department's mission to maintain and enhance an engaged community of alumni and friends worldwide and to lead the University's fundraising efforts.
Harvard University Benefits Package Vacation/Sick/Personal/Holidays: Harvard offers 3 (union roles) - 4 (exempt) weeks paid vacation, a paid holiday break between Christmas and New Year's Day, 12 paid sick days, 11.5 paid holidays, and 3 paid personal days each year. Medical/Dental/Vision Benefit: Harvard offers a variety of excellent medical, dental, and vision plans which all begin on the first day of employment. Retirement: University-funded retirement plan with full vesting after 3 years of service. Tuition Assistance Program: Competitive tuition assistance program, $40 per class at the Harvard Extension School and discounted study options through participating Harvard Graduate Schools. Transportation: Harvard offers a 50% discounted MBTA pass as well as parking options to assist employees in their daily commute to campus. Wellness Options: Harvard offers programs and classes at little or no cost, including stress management, massages, nutrition, meditation, and complimentary health services. There are also fee-based athletic facility memberships available at various locations around the university for employees.
Salary Grade: 053
Union: 55 - Hvd Union Cler & Tech Workers
Minimum of two years related office experience; strong knowledge of Microsoft Office software; available to work additional evening hours if necessary, particularly in the fall.
1) BA/BS degree or equivalent; office experience, preferably in an academic environment. Must be highly organized, detail-oriented, and have strong writing, interpersonal, and communication skills, and exceptional attention to detail. Must possess the ability to establish and promote good working relationships with colleagues, alumni and donors. Must be flexible and possess the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
2) Must be able to work independently and take initiative and pays close attention to details. Must be able to focus on priorities and time specific duties.
3) Must be a professional, proactive, collaborative, conscientious, and results-oriented individual. Must have an optimistic and positive demeanor and demonstrate good intuition and the ability to adapt to changing priorities. Must demonstrate the ability to innovate, think strategically and conceptually, and display good, sound judgment.
4) Comfortable speaking in group settings; willing to take charge in difficult situations and remain calm and collected under pressure.
5) Excellent computer skills; experience with Windows, Excel, Word, and Microsoft Office. Prior database experience strongly preferred.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Internal Number: 49005BR
About Harvard University Alumni Affairs and Development
Harvard University is devoted to excellence in teaching, learning, and research, and to developing leaders in many disciplines who make a difference globally. The University, which is based in Cambridge and Boston, Massachusetts, has an enrollment of over 20,000 degree candidates, including undergraduate, graduate, and professional students. Harvard has more than 360,000 alumni around the world. The University has twelve degree-granting Schools in addition to the Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Study, offering a truly global education. Established in 1636, Harvard is the oldest institution of higher education in the United States.