Are you passionate about helping people? Do you want to make a difference in people's lives?
We embrace a culture of passion and dedication at Cedars-Sinai, and it's part of the reason we've been named one of the top ten hospitals in America's Best Hospitals by U.S. News & World Report. Now we invite you to join us. From working with a team of exceptional healthcare professionals to using state-of-the-art facilities, you'll have everything you need to do something incredible--for yourself, and for others.
Do you work well in a large team environment patients where critical thinking is essential?
As a Sterile Processing Instrument Specialist at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, you will have in-depth knowledge of sterilization practices and standards, decontamination and assembly within the surgical services arena in an acute care hospital. Incumbent will have case load specific knowledge of equipment, instruments and supplies used on all cases for the assigned OR unit. Responsibilities also include building case carts and making OR rounds to monitor and maintain inventory par levels of trays in the sterile storage area, the unit specific peel packs, and anticipate and meet the needs of the assigned OR unit. Active participation in process improvement, quality assurance, training, orienting and/or precept of staff. Performs other related duties as required.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
List the primary duties and responsibilities in order of most significance.
* Works closely with OR Services staff to review the Surgical Schedule for the assigned OR unit in advance to build case carts. Maintains schedules and carts for emergency or add-on cases as necessary.
* Conducts routine rounds on assigned OR floors and acts as the primary liaison for OR Services staff to ensure instruments needs/requests are filled timely as to not impact patient care.
* Maintains Sterile Storage Stock and routinely inspects instruments and keeps inventory including maintenance of set par levels, rotation of trays in storage and checking expiration dates as applicable. Ensures clean and orderly supply area.
* Facilitates communication between OR and SPD regarding status of trays, needs lists, instruments in need of repair, and new instrument requests.
* Assists with distribution, processing and decontamination of supplies and equipment as required; responsible for maintenance of selected items; responsible for Immediate-Use-Steam Sterilization process per standard guidelines
Providing healthcare for more than 100 years, Cedars-Sinai has evolved into one of the most dynamic and highly renowned medical centers in the world. Along with caring for patients, Cedars-Sinai is a hub for biomedical research and a training center for future physicians and other healthcare professionals. This attracts exceptional talent to Cedars-Sinai, including world-renowned physician-scientists who seek a place where they can both conduct research and see patients--the ideal formula for discovery and its translation into cures. Our patients benefit from access to doctors at the top of their fields, and our researchers have an ideal community in which to study the impact of healthcare challenges, and reflect that knowledge in their research. The greater Los Angeles area in which Cedars-Sinai resides possesses unparalleled cultural and ethnic diversity which offers outstanding opportunities for translational and clinical research... and a dynamic environment for medical education.Although community based, Cedars-Sinai is a major teaching hospital affiliated with the David Geffen School of Medicine at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA). Cedars-Sinai has highly competitive graduate medical education programs in more than 50 specialty and subspecialty areas, a graduate program in biomedical sciences and translational medicine, a clinical scholars program directed towards junior physicians with aspirations to become clinical scientists, and post graduate training opportunities.There are more than 250 full-time faculty members at Cedars-Sinai. The voluntary medical staff, comprised of more than 2,200 specialty board-certified or board-qualified physicians, represent all of the specialties and subspecialties and collaborate with full-time medical staff in the teaching responsibilities of the graduate medical education programs.