1) Provide in-school coaching to leaders and grade-level teams around: the collection and analysis of data to define problems of practice; teaming and communication structures; design and implementation of student experiences and interventions; cycles of continuous improvement to refine practices
2) Support the design and facilitate network learning sessions for participating schools
3) Support the codification of tools and key learnings refined at Middle Grades Network schools
4) Work with the To&Through Data and Research Analysts to develop and design data tools to enable network practitioners to more easily pull, visualize, and understand data while engaging in cycles of continuous improvement
5) Leverage research and data produced by the To&Through Data and Research team to inform network and practitioner learning
6) Build positive relationships and communications with CPS school-based and district staff around the Middle Grade Network
7) Contribute to the development of strategy and scope of the Middle Grades Networkâ™s approach to network learning, data use, coaching, and continuous improvement
8) Contribute to the recruitment of CPS K-8 elementary and/or middle schools that will comprise the Middle Grades Network, beginning with approximately 6 total schools in SY20, 9 total schools in SY21 and 15 total schools in SY21
9) Provide a practice-based perspective to To&Through Data and Research Analysts on current and future research and data projects
10) Develop a culture of trust, collaboration and reflection among participating educators within the To&Through Middle Grades Network
11) Contribute to the intellectual capacity and culture of the To&Through Project
1) Belief in the potential of all students and public schools, and the mission of The To&Through Project
2) Commitment to educational equity, particularly to increasing the degree attainment outcomes for historically underrepresented Black and Latinx student populations
3) Comfort organizing and analyzing school-level and district-level data for school improvement
4) Ability to interpret and explain data to different audiences
5) Understanding of adult learning and track record of designing and facilitating compelling and engaging meetings and professional learning opportunities
6) Ability to present research and data in ways that challenge mindsets
7) Ability to build relationships across areas of difference
8) Commitment to ongoing self-reflection, professional learning, and growth
9) Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to work independently, with supervision, or in collaboration as a team member
10) Excellent written and oral communication skills
11) Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
12) Proficiency in Google Suite and Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
1) At least three years of related experience working in urban education
2) Cover Letter
3) Writing Sample
Â NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via the Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
Internal Number: JR06731
About University of Chicago
One of the world's premier academic and research institutions, the University of Chicago has driven new ways of thinking since our 1890 founding. Today, UChicago is an intellectual destination that draws inspired scholars to our Hyde Park and international campuses, keeping UChicago at the nexus of ideas that challenge and change the world.