Reporting to the Assistant Director of Annual Giving, the Coordinator of Annual Giving leads a successful Student Calling Program as part of a team responsible for Elon University’s fund raising and donor participation goals. The Coordinator will manage all facets of the program including hiring, training, and motivating a large student team, assessing caller and program progress, and preparing daily program data and reports. Additionally, s/he will also have generalist duties related internal operations, customer service channels, data and reporting, project fulfillment, etc.
Requires bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university. Elon graduates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Special Skills Or Experience:
Must have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to work as part of a team in a service-oriented environment. Must be capable of managing and working with students in a group environment. Be able to manage, train, instruct, and inspire. Must possess initiative, be detail-oriented, efficient, and able to handle diversified tasks concurrently.
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time Regular
Length Of Experience:
One to three years professional/internship experience in events, sales, marketing or customer service experience and/or volunteer management preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Develop and execute a comprehensive student outreach communication plan. This includes, but is not limited to, determining segment structures, calling calendars, and scripts.
2. Manage daily program operations, supervising student employees, facilitating nightly shifts, and communicating regularly with the Assistant Director on progress toward goals, strategies, and challenges.
3. Recruit, interview, hire, train and manage approximately thirty paid student communicators and several student supervisors. Manage all related payroll paperwork including student work agreements and time approvals.
4. Monitor student performance and facilitate ongoing training on the essentials of fundraising, use of outreach software, and best practices in communications.
5. Lead creative and strategic efforts for student communications, including but not limited to building outreach lists, caller scripts, messaging and program marketing.
6. Head the program's pledge reminder system, including mail and electronic communications.
7. Assist the Assistant Director and Senior Director with exploring the possibility of transitioning the Student Calling Program from a singular calling program into a multi-channel student communications organization.
8. Collaborate with Advancement Services to ensure the integrity, and accuracy of constituent data through nightly additions and updates through electronic channels.
9. Manage internal procedures related to donor credit card declines, mailing fulfillment, customer service, etc.
10. Contribute to a collaborative team to plan and organize the overall marketing and solicitation of all the university's constituencies, including alumni, parents of alumni, parents of current students and faculty/staff. These responsibilities include assisting with the development of print and electronic appeals, identifying solicitable segments, and coordinating stewardship-related elements.
11. Assist with University Advancement events including Family Weekend, Homecoming, Elon Day and Commencement.
12. Other duties as assigned.
Position requires close coordination with student managers and the Coordinator is expected to be present at the beginning of most evening student calling shifts and available by phone to students as needed.
Elon University has built a national reputation as the premier student-centered university that values experiential learning and strong relationships between students and their faculty and staff mentors. Elon’s 7,000 students prepare to become the ethical leaders the world needs, putting their knowledge into action on campus, in the community and around the globe. Elon is known for academic excellence across the curriculum, and for engaged learning programs in study abroad, internships, undergraduate research, leadership and community service. Elon is ranked the nation’s #1 master’s-level university for study abroad and is a top-producer of Fulbright Student Scholars and Peace Corps volunteers. Elon leads the nation in the annual U.S. News & World Report recognition for academic programs that “Focus on Student Success.” More than 435 full-time faculty members teach in six academic units: Elon College, the College of Arts and Sciences; the Martha and Spencer Love School of Business; the School of Communications; the School of Education; the School of Health Sciences; and the School of Law. Elon’s four-year graduation rate of 79 percent ranks in the top 10 percent of U.S. private uni...versities. The student-faculty ratio is 12-1, and the average class size is 20. The university’s 656-acre residential campus in the Town of Elon, N.C., is consistently recognized as one of the nation’s finest environments for learning. The Elon Phoenix NCAA Division I athletic program is a member of the Colonial Athletic Association.