This position is 25 hours per week and non-benefits eligible.
Oversee recruitment of student parents to the Triton Childcare Fund and their eligible children in the University Child Development Center
* Create a network of campus contacts and procedures for recruitment and program information dissemination.
* Process enrollment of student parents and their children in the Triton Childcare Fund and the University Child Development Center.
* Ensure applications are completed correctly and that the required supporting materials have been provided.
* Enter and maintain CCAMPIS data and records and manage surveys using Qualtrics survey/evaluation system.
* Assist in preparation of scheduled and special grant reports and funding records
* Serve as a liaison between student parents, University Child Development Center, and Student Social Services.
* Assist in planning and facilitation of parent education workshops and other grant specified programming
* Assist with basic childcare responsibilities as needed (i.e. during workshops, transition times)
* Keep abreast of federal and state policy changes that will affect the scope services available for individuals with children.
* As needed, this position also assumes other responsibilities assigned by the Principal Investigator and Director of the University Child Development Center
A Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience and 1 year of experience from which comparable knowledge and skills can be acquired is necessary.
One year minimum experience in program or grant coordination
Experience in higher education setting is strongly preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Experience working with young adults with children and diverse populations
Experience working with children 2-12 years of age
Ability to manage multiple tasks, has attention to detail, and can effectively prioritize duties
Comfortable in the use of computer technology (i.e. email communication, web pages, PowerPoint, web-based surveys, etc.).
Works well independently and has strong self-direction
Records and database maintenance skills.
Ability to prepare reports, information research skills.
Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
Working knowledge and understanding of institutions of higher education organizational structure
Working knowledge of state and federal laws, not limited to, Title IX, VAWA, Clery Act, FERPA, as well as professional ethics or regulations that govern the work.
Application Deadline October 18, 2019
Applicants must combine all application materials (cover letter, resume, and list of three references with contact information) into one PDF or Microsoft Word document and upload as a resume attachment. Limit document name to 50 characters. Maximum size limit is 11MB. Do not include special characters (e.g., /, &, %, etc.).
For questions about how applicants apply, please call (314) 516-5805, or if you are experiencing technical problems, please email mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org .
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America.
EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links:
The University of Missouri?St. Louis (UMSL, commonly pronounced ""uhm-suhl"") is one of four universities in the University of Missouri System. Established in 1963, it is the newest university in the UM System, it is the largest university by enrollment in the St. Louis area with 16,809 students. UMSL's campus is located on the former grounds of the Bellerive Country Club in Saint Louis County, Missouri, United States, within the municipalities of Bellerive, Bel-Nor and Normandy. Additional facilities are located at the former site of Marillac College. UMSL is proud of its motivated, active student body, which consists of over 13,000 undergraduates and 3,500 graduate and professional degree seeing students. UMSL is home to 1,447 faculty members who deliver 54 bachelor's degree programs, 37 master's degree programs, 15 doctoral degree programs and the only professional degree in optometry in Missouri. UMSL provides 24 graduate certificate programs and two education specialist programs. Express Scripts, is the largest corporation in the country, has its headquarters located on a college campus. Express Scripts has 2,500 employees working on the UMSL campus.