The West Virginia University (WVU) John Chambers College of Business and Economics departments of Accounting and Finance are seeking applications for a Teaching Assistant Professor position. The position is a nine-month, non-tenure track faculty rank position that is eligible for promotion and merit raises. Approximately 80% of time is devoted to teaching eight sections of accounting and finance classes at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. The remaining 20% is dedicated to service to the department, college, university, the state and/or nation.
Qualified candidates must submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, complete contact information of three professional references and graduate transcript(s) (unofficial is acceptable), via the WVUHire system.
Review of applications will begin no earlier than October 15, 2019 and continue until the position is filled. For further information contact Nancy Lynch at 304-293-7853 or Nancy.Lynch@mail.wvu.edu.
WVU is a comprehensive, land-grant university, classified as "very high research activity" as described by the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education. The WVU System, which includes the flagship campus in Morgantown, WVU Institute of Technology in Beckley, and WVU Potomac State in Keyser enrolls approximately 32,000 students. The Morgantown campus is situated along the Monongahela River and Rail Trail and within 10 miles of Cooper's Rock State Forest, and is within easy traveling distance of Washington, D.C. to the east, Pittsburgh, PA., to the north, and Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio, to the west. Morgantown is a safe, inclusive, and family-friendly community. WVU provides faculty members with a supportive environment for developing a visible and productive career. The John Chambers College of Business and Economics offers eleven undergraduate Bachelor of Science in Business Administration programs and one Bachelor of Science in Economics program, seven master programs, and doctoral programs throughout its six departments.
West Virginia University, founded in 1867, has a long and rich history as a public, land grant institution. WVU encourages scholarship, offers high quality academic programs while serving the state of West Virginia and the nation. WVU is located in Morgantown, West Virginia, has been ranked as a #1 Small City in America, with divisional campuses in Charleston, Keyser, Martinsburg, and Montgomery. WVU is a Research University (Highest Research Activity) and ranks among the top 100 public universities in the nation, including a top 15 ranking in most affordable tuition for out-of-state students. WVU offers 184 degrees throughout the 15 colleges and schools within the university. Areas of specialty include STEM education, healthcare in Appalachia, shale gas utilization, radio astronomy, and forensics. There are more than 32,000 graduate and undergraduate students along with 190,000 alumni worldwide who are pioneering, passionate, innovative, tireless and caring.