Pay Range: $13.60 - $14.28 per hour, depending on experience. Includes 5% shift differential
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Position Summary: Under the general direction of the Building Services Manager and the supervision of the Custodian Foreperson, Team Cleaning Specialists maintain clean and orderly facilities for students, faculty, staff and visitors. Team Cleaning Specialists secure assigned buildings; respond to special cleaning requests and schedule cleaning and maintenance activities as part of a self directed team. Team Cleaning Specialists are expected to perform each of the following jobs on a rotating basis: detail specialist, vacuum specialist, restroom specialist, and utility specialist. This is an essential position that will be called upon in the event of an emergency and/or University Closure.
Due to the duties of this position, successful candidates must be at least 18 years of age.
- Possess a valid motor vehicle operators license and be able to meet policy requirements for driving University vehicles.
- Ability to work full-time, 40 hours per week, Night shift 7:00 pm to 4:00 am; or other times as may be assigned.
- Willingness to: perform duties associated with commercial cleaning, including operating industrial-type cleaning equipment such as high-speed buffers and vacuum cleaners; cleaning restrooms, bath facilities, locker rooms, swimming pools, and/or similar facilities; dusting and washing a variety of building surfaces such as shelves, window sills, walls and floors; moving heavy items such as tables, chairs, and bleachers; repairing the equipment and related devices operated in cleaning.
- Any experience that indicates a skill level necessary to perform any of the assigned custodial tasks.
- Demonstrated attitude toward customer satisfaction and continuous quality service improvement.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and cooperate with others.
- Demonstrated reliability/dependability through work history, school or references.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions: - Physical ability to: bend, stoop, lift or otherwise move items weighing up to approximately 50 pounds; stand and walk continuously throughout the shift; climb and stand on ladders.- Be able to work in adverse weather conditions.
Posting Number: SP002337P
Posting Date: 10/03/2019
Closing Date: 10/20/2019
Open Until Filled: No
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
Since 1889, the University of Idaho has provided motivated students with a transformative higher education experience that prepares them to solve real-world problems and achieve success in their lives and careers. Beginning with our beautiful residential campus in Moscow, the university’s reach extends throughout Idaho, serving over 12,000 students with educational centers in Coeur d’Alene, Boise and Idaho Falls, a research and extension center in Twin Falls, plus Extension offices in 42 counties. One of the nation’s land-grant research universities, U of I is a noted national leader in student-centered learning and interdisciplinary research that promotes public service. Our work serves businesses and communities, advancing the pursuit of diversity, citizenship and global outreach.