Advanced Practice Providers perform a vital role in Cedars-Sinai Medical Group's commitment to deliver effective and efficient quality health care services. This dynamic position will provide support for the Nephrology office. The Nurse Practitioner (NP) position offers an opportunity to work closely with top clinical physicians affiliated with the Cedars-Sinai Medical Center.
- Nurse Practitioner will round on patients at 3 dialysis units and see patient in the clinic for follow up appointments.
- Nurse Practitioner will independently obtain a relevant health and medical history
- Performs a physical examination based on age and history and dictates a progress note if needed with the appropriate physicians
- Performs and/or orders preventive and diagnostic procedures based on the patient's age and history
-The Nurse Practitioner will help the physicians provide screening, consultation and answers to incoming questions from referring physicians
- Identifies health and medical risk factors
- Integrated patient care model within multi-specialty group.
- Co-management of acute and chronic kidney disease patients.
- Collaborative Physician team that supports career growth.
Providing healthcare for more than 100 years, Cedars-Sinai has evolved into one of the most dynamic and highly renowned medical centers in the world. Along with caring for patients, Cedars-Sinai is a hub for biomedical research and a training center for future physicians and other healthcare professionals. This attracts exceptional talent to Cedars-Sinai, including world-renowned physician-scientists who seek a place where they can both conduct research and see patients--the ideal formula for discovery and its translation into cures. Our patients benefit from access to doctors at the top of their fields, and our researchers have an ideal community in which to study the impact of healthcare challenges, and reflect that knowledge in their research. The greater Los Angeles area in which Cedars-Sinai resides possesses unparalleled cultural and ethnic diversity which offers outstanding opportunities for translational and clinical research... and a dynamic environment for medical education.Although community based, Cedars-Sinai is a major teaching hospital affiliated with the David Geffen School of Medicine at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA). Cedars-Sinai has highly competitive graduate medical education programs in more than 50 specialty and subspecialty areas, a graduate program in biomedical sciences and translational medicine, a clinical scholars program directed towards junior physicians with aspirations to become clinical scientists, and post graduate training opportunities.There are more than 250 full-time faculty members at Cedars-Sinai. The voluntary medical staff, comprised of more than 2,200 specialty board-certified or board-qualified physicians, represent all of the specialties and subspecialties and collaborate with full-time medical staff in the teaching responsibilities of the graduate medical education programs.