1) The Advanced Practice Provider will report to the Director of The Center for Endoscopic Research and Therapeutics (CERTS) in the Section of Gastroenterology and/or assigned Supervising Physician(s), Section Administration and attending physicians assigned (monthly) to the service.
2) Provide comprehensive care to patients in the outpatient Interventional GI.
3) Work collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team, using advanced clinical skills to manage a caseload of patients.
4) Perform the assessment, diagnosis, initiation of delegated medical treatments, independent nursing interventions and evaluation of care.
5) Provide a model of care that is shaped by theory, expanded by science, research and reflective practice, and is identified by a holistic and comprehensive approach to the patients.
1) Demonstrated clinical competency, effective leadership and teaching skills.
2) Ability to conduct physical examinations and health assessments.
3) Ability to interview and obtain medical information.
4) Willingness to enter into written collaborative agreement with a collaborating physician upon hire.
5) Once licensed and as needed, willingness to apply for a mid-level practitioner controlled substance license and DEA number.
6) Willingness to be privileged and credentialed through UCMC Medical Staff Office prior to start date.
7) Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently.
8) Strong organizational skills.
9) Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills and strong analytical skill.
10) Proficiency in the use of computers.
1) Previous experience within Gastroenterology or surgical setting.
2) Cover letter
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application.
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via the Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
Internal Number: JR06689
About University of Chicago
One of the world's premier academic and research institutions, the University of Chicago has driven new ways of thinking since our 1890 founding. Today, UChicago is an intellectual destination that draws inspired scholars to our Hyde Park and international campuses, keeping UChicago at the nexus of ideas that challenge and change the world.