Venture Coach 4859BR RIT Venture Creations VP for Research
Professional Area: Employment Category: Parttime Staff Job Function:Wage Band: 120A
Detailed Job Description
The Venture Creations High Technology Incubator's main purpose is to engage client customers as startups and assist them through mentoring and coaching to business maturity with commercialized products and successfully graduate from the Incubator. The necessary individual for this process is the Venture Coach. A Venture Coach will be responsible for 8 or 9 client companies; becoming the day-to-day primary contact between the client and the Incubator; monitoring client progress; and announcing client accomplishments as well as raising client requests, comments, and issues to the Incubator management team.
Major Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Meet regularly (definition depends on the company, current issues, maturity in the incubator, etc.) with assigned client companies. Depending on the needs, provide coaching and active & passive instruction (doer and teacher). Coaching and mentoring activities include but not limited to: support business plan development and writing; advise on business strategy and tactics; support the development of business competition applications and pitch decks; support the writing and editing of grant proposals; and connect key SME resources as needed. - Through coaching and teaching, develop VCI prospects into 'VCI presentation ready' companies Identify VCI sales funnel prospects through networking, attending events, Judging business plan competitions, accelerator coaching (i.e. TEN, NEXUS, etc.).
- For Clean Energy Incubator (CEI) companies, communicate the NYSERDA milestone requirements to the companies and ensure that the proscribed process is followed.
- Provide guidance to RIT intern analysts for projects related to client companies.
- Maintain periodic contact with Hotspot companies to fulfill contract requirements.
- Interact and collaborate with VCI team to provide insight into decisions on VCI strategy, operations, planning, and representing the needs of assigned clients.
- Attend meetings to collaborate with other Incubators, Accelerators, VC Funders, and associate members of the ecosystem to voice VCI's concerns and help with mutual clients.
Required Minimum Qualifications
10 years experience with a preference for working in a for profit sector.
Communication skills, interpersonal skills, analytical skills, and collaborative skills. To be able to demonstrate the nature of the coaching relationship; the ability to provide sincere, specific, and ongoing feedback about the strengths and challengesof assigned client companies; to serve not as a manager, not part of the (core) team yet be able provoke and challenge assumptions, offer new assumptions, and insure that the client meets established deadlines. Additionally, the desired skill set should include: financial analysis; business case development; high proficiency in written communication; be strongly networked in entrepreneurial ecosystem; have executive experience with large and small enterprises; and have prior experience coaching entrepreneurs.
Required Application Documents Cover Letter, Curriculum Vitae or Resume
Additional Details The hiring process for this position may require a criminal background check and/or motor vehicle records check. Any verbal or written offer made is contingent on satisfactory results, as determined by Human Resources.RIT does not discriminate. RIT promotes and values diversity, pluralism and inclusion in the work place. RIT provides equal opportunity to all qualified individuals and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, age, marital status, sex, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, veteran status or disability in its hiring, admissions, educational programs and activities.RIT provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities under the Rehabilitation Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the New York Human Rights Law, or similar applicable law. If you need reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to your application for employment at RIT, please contact the Human Resources office at 585-475-2424 or email your request to Careers@rit.edu.
Rochester Institute of Technology, the 10th largest private university in the U.S., is among the worlds leading technological universities. Its 18,000 undergraduate and graduate students from all 50 states and more than 100 countries are enrolled in over 200 academic programs, including 7 interdisciplinary Ph.D. programs. A pioneer in experiential education, RIT was the first to offer undergraduate degree programs in biotechnology, information technology, software engineering, and microelectronic engineering. As home to the National Technical Institute for the Deaf, the university offers unparalleled academic opportunities and services for the deaf and hard-of-hearing. Founded in 1829, RIT has 115,000 alumni throughout the United States and around the world. RIT has been named by the Chronicle of Higher Education as one of the Great Colleges to Work For. RIT is a National Science Foundation ADVANCE Institutional Transformation site, and is responsive to the needs of dual-career couples through the Upstate NY Higher Education Recruitment Consortium. For more information, visit www.rit.edu/overview/rankings-and-recognition and www.rit.edu.
As a member of the RIT community employees receive a well-balanced benefits package that offers a variety of choices and access to additional employment advantages. These benefits, combined with an employees pay, provide a total compensation package that can be tailored to meet your needs. More on RITs Benefits, Health & Wellness program can be found at: https://www.rit.edu/fa/humanresources/content/benefits-health-and-wellness
RIT does not discriminate. RIT is an equal opportunity employer that promotes and values diversity, pluralism, and inclusion. For more information or inquiries, please visit RIT/TitleIX or the U.S. Department of Education at ED.Gov
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Founded in 1829, Rochester Institute of Technology is a diverse and collaborative community of engaged, socially conscious, and intellectually curious minds. Through creativity and innovation, and an intentional blending of technology, the arts and design, we provide exceptional individuals with a wide range of academic opportunities, including a leading research program and an internationally recognized education for deaf and hard-of-hearing students. Beyond our main campus in Rochester, New York, RIT has international campuses in China, Croatia, Dubai, and Kosovo. And with more than 19,000 students and more than 125,000 graduates from all 50 states and over 100 nations, RIT is driving progress in industries and communities around the world. Find out more at www.rit.edu .