1) The Senior Associate Director will be responsible for supporting the day-to-day operations of the Student Life team while leading the planning, implementation, and management of community-wide programming.
2) Manage the implementation of orientation for Full-Time MBA Program students as well as LAUNCH for the Evening and Weekend MBA Program students.
3) Coordinate Student Life events, including but not limited to, Convocation, Treks/Trips, Orientation+, Distinguished Speaker Series, and Celebration.
4) Supervise the Student Life Operations team, which is comprised of the Assistant Director of Events, Senior Assistant Director of Accounting, Operations Manager.
5) Manage the implementation of orientation for Full-Time MBA Program students, including schedules, events, materials, and attendance at orientation events.
6) Manage the implementation of LAUNCH for the Evening and Weekend MBA Program students, including schedules, events, materials, and attendance at LAUNCH events.
7) Lead the coordination of Student Life events, including but not limited to, Convocation, Treks/Trips, Orientation+, Distinguished Speaker Series, and Celebration.
8) Plan and coordinate Spring Convocation Weekend, a celebratory weekend for graduates and their guests by organizing social events, receptions, mock classes, and faculty involvement.
9) Monitor and update Student Life websites and social media pages and help larger Student Life team to craft marketing messages and communications strategy.
10) Manage student activities calendar as well as maintain the student group management system.
11) Develop surveys and event analytics to assess office and event success.
12) Supervise and implement large operation initiatives for student on-boarding, including but not limited to, student name tags, student table tents, annual student handbook and student photo book.
13) Support the Director of Student Life and Associate Dean/Dean of Students for MBA Programs in special projects as assigned.
1) Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
2) Outstanding verbal, written, and presentation skills, as well as organizational skills.
3) Work independently with little supervision; possess a self-motivated disposition; identify opportunities for improvement and recommend effective changes, all while achieving key objectives resulting in desired outcomes.
4) Exercise good judgement, handle multiple detailed tasks/projects simultaneously and meet strict deadlines with frequent interruptions during seasonal high volume.
5) Demonstrated ability to work effectively and diplomatically with colleagues, as well as with students, faculty and corporate contacts in a multitude of communication methods i.e., in person, email, phone.
6) Professional demeanor, including tact, discretion, and a customer service-oriented approach.
7) Ability to work evening and weekends as needed.
1) Masterâ™s degree.
1) A minimum five years of professional work experience in operations and or event management.
2) Experience management databases.
2) Cover letter
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application.
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via the Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
Internal Number: JR06566
About University of Chicago
One of the world's premier academic and research institutions, the University of Chicago has driven new ways of thinking since our 1890 founding. Today, UChicago is an intellectual destination that draws inspired scholars to our Hyde Park and international campuses, keeping UChicago at the nexus of ideas that challenge and change the world.